𝟏𝟎. 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐝?

Aarush

To hell with everything! Why is everything just getting the way I don't like? First this marriage and now Yuvaani left her job!

I mentioned it long back that she doesn't have to sacrifice anything for any of us. She can live as she was, no need to change. I just don't feel good about that. A woman needs to be independent. And she was. So why leave that? Just because she got married? My parents would have encouraged her, they aren't the ones who limit their daughter in law.

I am regretting the way I spoke to her. I was rude. She didn't even raise her voice when I yelled at her.

She has mastered great patience.

No doubt.

Even when kids roam around her, tugg her dress or anything, she won't get mad at them. I felt more guilt and regret.

Yes, you should. She left everything for you. And you're saying this.

I told her to leave those things for me?

You didn't.

Then?

At least- appreciate.

My chain of thoughts broke as my colleague placed a coffee before me. I accepted, and he got back to his working corner. A few hours later, lunch time approached and we got a good break. I stretched myself a bit in the chair itself.

I went to the washroom and washed my hands, before having my lunch. Opening my tiffin a marvellous aroma hit my nose, indicating a delicious meal on my way.

Mattar Panner, Chappati, Rice and Salad.
Just how you like it.
And you yelled at her.
Great.

Again, my heart clenched a wave of guilt. But, ignoring it I had my first bite. Placing the first bite into my mouth, the flavours bursted on my taste buds giving me a sense of delight.

I finished my meal still, there was a sense of guilt.

Yeah, the one you fought with, made your lunch today. Be thankful.

The brain was correct too, but my ego-

I just picked up my phone and called her. Within a ring she picked her phone.

"Hello" I said.

"He-low" I heard a baby voice, mimicking mine.

My baby said hello? Was I dreaming? It was his first hello to me!

"Baby, mumma ko phone do, aise nahi karo" I heard her coo in the baby voice.

Cute. There was an unknown emotion when she referred to herself as the mother of my kids.

"Um, hello? Are you still there?" She confirmed.

"Yes, yes!"

She kept quiet as if asking me to say further.

"Wo-I-You know-Um-" I didn't know where to start from!

"Ansh!" She said.

Ansh?

Who's Ansh?

Priyansh. He even got a nickname!