𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭

Aarush

Great. Just Great. My family, without informing me, is taking me to see my future bride. What can be better than this ? Just Great.

Knowing the fact I won't remarry, they are just rubbing their decisions on me. Infact Di too ! Shayad aayi hi iss kaam ke liye thi US se !

(Maybe for this work only she she stepped out of US)

My Oh-not-so-good sister parked the car and everyone got down except me. Papa has been holding Priyansh, Maa was handling Pihu. Vihaan was holding Dii's index finger as he got down. Only the grumpy me was sitting inside the car.

And why won't I sit ? I will sit.

Dii knocked on my side of the window and commanded "Get down now" to which I ignored making a poker face. She opened my side of door and asked me the same again. I continued my same state.

I felt a soft hand on my shoulder which indeed was convincing me the same. "You will be the one, who will declare the final decision. And whatever your decision is I'll support you. Even if you say 'No'. But for now can you please come ?" she requested.

Disheartened, I got out of the car and saw mom had already rang the bell. Isn't she highly eager to find a bride for me ? I walked to the door ignoring my sister.

The door opened, and a woman possibly near the age of my mother stood in front of us. "Mr and Mrs. Nair ? If I'm not wrong" she confirmed.

"Yes, Mrs. Parekh" my mother smiled.

"Welcome" she invited moving aside, giving us the passage to the living room. Their house is neither too big nor too small. But the space is beautifully utilised. Everything is placed perfectly, keeping cleanliness at its priority.

We all sat on the sofa of their drawing room, while Vihaan was sitting on Dii's laps and jumped to shift on mine. Giving us a toothy smile when my not-so-sweet sister glared at him to behave.

We are really here for my marriage alliance ? Like seriously ! I am hating this already. All of this. Really. What kind of situation I'm strucked into ! I don't want to do anything. My brain is just saying one thing - Take your twins and run off.

I sighed. I wish I could.

Mr. Parekh sat in front of us, calling his wife. Soon Mrs. Parekh came and sat next to him. Woah. Everything looks planned.

Soon the greetings were exchanged, and a girl maybe in her twenties appeared to us. She was wearing a red plain anarkali suit, and had left her hair open. She emerged out of the kitchen holding the tray of teacups. Every typical Indian Arrange Marriage story ! Serving us snacks and tea, she stood beside her father.

"So Aarush, what do you do for a living ?" Mr. Parekh initiated.

Forming a small fake smile to look decent enough, I answered "Sir, I am Manager at Social Apex" to which he nodded.

The same question was asked by my mother to them. "Aunty, I manage sales department of our office" to which she replied.

"Beta, Vaani have a seat" her mother suggested her.

By this, I got to know her name is Vaani. God ! How long is it going to take ? Can't my kids cry ? They're utterly silent today, or else they cry so loud at home, it takes fifteen minutes to pacify them. Seems that today luck is not by my side.

Our parents were so much engulfed in conversation, they probably forgot why we are here. My sister cleared her throat, to which my mother said, "Let the children have a word in private" and to which I gave a death glare to my sister. Why the hell is she making it difficult for me !!!