𝟏. 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐞𝐫

Aarush

"Enough of it maa, please!" I requested my mom for the nth time to stop convincing me, since the past three days.

I just got up from the sofa and took a few steps towards the kitchen in order to drink cold water.

"For your babies, please?" her words put me to halt.

"Maa!"

"What maa? Look at them Aaru, they are just eleven-months-old, and they really need a mother. They are not even kids bacche, they're infants! Think about them. You are thirty-four and here you still need me for basic things, how can they not need a mother? You're in an illusion, if you think you can do it all alone Aaru, you can't fill the voidness of their heart when they grow up." she tried to explain me again.

I know she want the best for me, for my kids too. But- I can't replace my wife. I will never replace my wife. There are many single parents too isn't it? So why can't I?

"I'll manage everything and anything for them Maa, I'll try to be the best parent." with that I left that place.

I am left with no urge to drink cold water now. I twisted my room's doorknob and got in. Saw my beautiful babies, who were still sleeping.

How cute you both are! You both are the most peaceful thing in the world for me. Truely, watching your babies sleep gives you a unknown kind of satisfaction.

I laid on my bed on my stomach, closing my eyes.

Why did you leave me Priya? Wasn't my love enough to get you back? You said you'll always be with me. Your 'forever' just lasted for 7 years? I wish I would had met you in your childhood days, so I can spend more time with you.

Our marriage of two years. Were blissful. Memorable. Where I dreamt it would be till my last breath. But you kept your promise. You were just mine till your last breath. You took my peace with you, I'm all restless without you. C-can you come back? If not for me, for our kids. Please?

I saw her smiling, coming towards me. My Priya was coming towards me! After five long months. I could feel my eyes a little wet. She touched my jaw with her soft hands. It was enough for me to melt. Her face came closer, as if covering between all the void I felt for last five months. I could feel her lips on mine.

Soft. Serene. Sensitive.

Her one glimpse of me was enough to keep me sane. She used her other hand to caress my newly grown beard, kissing me deeply. The moment was not harsh, none of us want to rush, we just wanted to feel each other's presence. Breaking the kiss, she parted few inches away. Still placing her hands on my jaw. She was looking at me as if she's reading my soul, my emotions, all she could get in reply was my heart filled of love, just for her.

An abrupt noise at the moment and she vanished in thin air? That voice !! What was that-

Oh ! my baby is crying. My Pihu is crying.

I got up, walked to her crib and took her in my arms. Her cries went louder every passing moment. I checked her diapers but they were clean. Listening her, my baby boy Priyansh also began crying!

God! Not this time.

Maa came in with a milk bottle and took pihu from me and sat on the bed. Oh, so she is hungry. I made my way to Priyansh and pacified him. And made him sleep again. Placing him to crib, I sat beside Maa.

"How will you manage Aaru, you can't even understand she's crying for food." Maa asked. Her voice sounded full of concern. I agree, I am not perfect at this, but I'm trying. I really am.