𝟏𝟕. 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐇𝐢𝐦

Yuvaani

As soon as he went to the office I turned to see Di and Jiju consoling Vihaan. It was his birthday today, he shouldn't have seen all this! That little boy doesn't deserve this.

You too don't deserve this, Vaani.

Yeah, I know. Now it's on my self respect. And I won't tolerate it.

You shouldn't have worn that piece of cloth and thrown his face. To shut him up.

That's rude.

Shaking my head, wiping my thoughts, I went to the room where I used to sleep, and I took out the car gift for Vihaan, and went to him hiding it behind my back.

"Hey little boy!" I said with fake enthusiasm to cheer him up and ruffled his hair.

He looked up to me. But his face held a downcast expression, making me more sad.

"Happy Birthday Vihu" I wished him.

"Mami, on my birthday there's nothing to be happy about. Everything is sad sad. My birthday morning is also sad. Now, my day will also be sad" He said in his baby voice and made a face that he'll cry anytime soon.

"No dear, it is your day today. If the birthday boy is happy then everyone will be happy"

"I'm sad, mami"

"What about this?" I showed him the gift I was hiding behind me and forwarded it to him.

"Gift!!??" His eyes sparkled up in excitement.

I nodded my head smiling at him genuinely.

"What is it?" He asked taking it from my hand

"Open it"

He looked at his parents and he gave Jiju to open it after his failed attempt.

"Papa jaldhi!!" He ordered his father in his baby voice.

[ Be fast! ]

His parents smiled at his excitement and his face glowed seeing the cars.

"Carss!! Wow!" He touched the surface of each car by surfing his hand through it.

"Thank you bolo beta Mami ko" Di asked him to thank me.

"Thank you, Mami! You're da best!" Saying this our little man went to the other side of our living room, to play with his car set.

[ You're the best ]

As soon as Vihaan went, Di and Jiju's expressions downcasted. I was about to go but Di held my hand. I looked at her and she immediately engulfed me in a hug.

"I'm sorry! I'm really sorry! I forgot to tell you about that sare-"

"No, Di. It's not your fault-"

"It is somewhere! I'll make Aaru understand. Please don't think much about it. He's just not letting it go"

She too thinks the same? No god! It's not done.

"Not letting it go? Di, he needs time. And ghar pe kuch na kuch aisa ho raha hai ki Priya ji ki baatein unhe yaad aane par majboor kar de rahi hai"

[ And at home happenings are in a certain way that it reminds him of Priya ]

She broke the hug.

"Maybe you're right. We shouldn't-"

"It's okay, I need to go to the kids" saying this I rushed into his bedroom as I heard their cries.

"Kya hua bachho, see mumma is here" I went to their cots and both were crying.