Chapter 20: The Sauna Test

Maybelle asked Steve to take her home later that night Maybelle wasn't excepting a knocked-out Hopper on the couch and Joyce waiting beside him

Joyce told Maybelle about going back to the lab and someone attacking Hopper Maybelle woke up and got ready for the day she cringed at the sound of Hopper throwing up his guts Maybelle went to get Hopper a glass of water and handed it to him Hopper took big gracious gulps.

"How did I get here? Hopper asked still slightly out of it "What's the last thing you remember? Joyce asked "Some thug attacked me" "Hey you need to rest" "No I'm fine" "No you're not fine" Hopper insisted he was fine standing up almost lost whatever was covering himself Maybelle turned around to stare out the cabin window.

"Where are my clothes? Hopper asked Joyce pointed outside Maybelle quickly scurried to the kitchen to get herself some breakfast.

"I mean do you recognize him? Joyce asked as Hopper came back inside "Who? "the thug" "Well, I didn't get a good look "Well, I mean he's gotta be government right? Maybelle couldn't help but scoff "Yeah, when the Hell hasn't it been the government "Maybelle scoffed putting her bowel in the sink.

Hopper turned around "When did you get back," Hopper asked Maybelle shrugged "You were attacked by a thug? Maybelle questioned back. Hopper sighed before opening the fridge to get a beer Joyce showed Hopper an index card with her best memorized of the license plate Maybelle groaned taking a long sip of her coffee.

Maybelle wasn't sure why she was waiting beside Joyce with the secretary of the mayor Maybelle winced as the Mayor fumbles out of his office Hopper picked him up by his neck and dragged him out Maybelle snickered as Joyce told the secretary to have a nice day as they left.

The group arrived at a huge Manor that was the Mayor's house Hopper whistled "Wow I love the place Lar Hey, you shot that fella yourself? Maybelle gagged at the carpet as it looked to be made of Zebra. "that Larry winces that's not real" the group treads up the steps "No shit!

Larry opened a vault and took out a file "So what are we looking at? Hopper asked opening the file Larry sits down trying to fix his bleeding nose "Land deeds transfers of property, so your buddies at Star Court they suddenly start buying up all this property did they tell you why? Hopper asked going through the file.

"I already told you? they don't tell me anything" Larry argued "They're just using you I get it" Maybelle coughed covering her chuckle "That is why you have a bunch of land deeds in a safe in your bedroom" Hopper watched Larry playing with the rubber band "these people Jim, they're bad news". Larry revealed.

"so what, this is blackmail? "protection "Protection" "Hold on a second" Joyce walked out of the room Hopper flung the rubber band at Larry making him flinch as it hits his upper arm Hopper also leaves Leaving Maybelle and the mayor " sorry about him someone kicked his ass and he's taking out on you" Maybelle told the mayor "but you are idiot Mayor so someone had to knock sense into you".

Maybelle crashed a lamp to get Hopper's and Joyce's attention as she tried holding Larry from going out the window Hopper came in and grabbed him tossing him back into the room.

the group started going to save house after safe house "Where to? "Hess Farm" Maybelle told Hopper holding the list of places they have and haven't been yet.

"2 more places left".