Chapter 11: The Pollywog

Happy Fourth of July!!!

Maybelle woke up exhausted her clothes from yesterday's stuck to her Maybelle slowly got up to take a shower the events of yesterday still racking her mind Maybelle adjusted her yellow Autumn sweater that goes with dark blue jeans and a simple pair of red converse before taking her Walkman with her.

Maybelle went to school with zero motivation and since she blew up at Nancy she stay cleared from her and Johnathan was somewhere and who knows what drugs Eddie was selling Maybelle feet taken her to through the school during lunch not being hungry since last nights events

next thing Maybelle knows she was at the middle school to see how the younger kids were since she been busy she walked through the AV room to see the party and a red head "hey guys" Maybelle got there attention the group jumped in Dustin's hand was a ghostbuster ghost catcher.

"Maybelle! what are you doing here! Dustin asked in Surprise Maybelle rose her eye brow "did know it was a crime to come say hello" Maybelle retoured rolling her eyes.

Dustin opened the box and pulled out a slimy creature "Cute right? Dustin asked the group

Dustin handed the creature off to the red head who quickly passed the creature to Lucas who gave it to Will who gave it to Mike

"what is he? Mike asked

Maybelle pulls up her sweaters sleeves before taking the creature from Mike poking its head as it made a noise like a purr "wicked" Maybelle mumbled.

"At first I thought it was some type of Pollywog"

"Pollywog? the red head asked

"it's another word for tadpole" Dustin explained "A tadpole is the larval stage of a toad "I know what a Tadpole is" the Red head cut Dustin off Maybelle laughed before placing the creature on the table

"All right, then you know that most tadpoles are aquatic, right? well Dart, he isn't he doesn't need water"

"yeah, but aren't there nonaquatic pollywogs? Lucas asked

"Terrestrial Pollywogs? yep two to be exact Indirana semipalmata and the Adenomera andreae one's from India, one's from South America so how did one end up in my trap?

"your trash seriously" Maybelle sighed shaking her head

"Maybe some scientist brought it here, and it escaped? the red hair suggested

"Do guys see that? the groups attention turned to the creature "looks like something is moving inside of it" Mike moved the lamp to show them the creature hissed the group backed away as the creature tried to escape.

Dustin quickly caught it before in fell of the table "it's okay it's okay I got you little guy" Dustin told the creature "I know you don't like that it's okay".

Dustin looked up from the creature "and there's another thing Reptiles , there cold-blooded ectothermic right? they love heat, the sun, Dart hates it, it hurts him.

"so if he's not a pollywog or a reptile...

"Then I've discovered a new species" Dustin stated proudly.

Maybelle felt a chill go up her spine before she remembered the slug she thought she coughed up a few months ago the bell rings snapping Maybelle out of it.

Maybelle slowly walked back to school "hey May! Eddie shouted across from the parking lot Maybelle laughed "sorry I think you have the wrong person" Maybelle joked before walking to class with Eddie.

after school Maybelle remembered she promised Billy they were going to work on the project she groaned not having the strength for human interaction. she saw Billy walk pass her locker with a girl attached to his side. thank god he forgot Maybelle thought slamming her locker shut.

Maybelle was walking to her car "hey Maybelle" Maybelle turned around noticing Steve "Hey" Maybelle mumbled "you made it to school today? I didn't see you in chemistry" Steve told her Maybelle was confused but her blue eyes widened "oh I forgot I guess I was at the middle school longer then I thought" Maybelle laughed it off Messing with the material of her sweaters sleeve.

but Maybelle froze she felt cold but from the inside out Maybelle quickly turned around noticing red clouds above the middle school Maybelle gasped before running to the middle school leaving a very concern and confused Steve behind.

"I hope it's just my mind playing tricks on me Maybelle thought trying to run faster.

'