The end is where we start from - T.S. Eliot

"Eden-" Oliver spoke behind Drax. His voice carried away a little in the wind as we flew through the clouds and above the pitch-black ocean.

"Don't-" I stopped him softly and yet sharply. "You may be able to control fire, but right now I hate you with a burning rage."

"I hate me more," he begged. 

I believe him. Because right now my biceps burn as I try to strangle the life out of the love I have for him. "The second we land, we go our separate ways."

"You know I can't let you do that."

"Why because you love me, wanna fuck me, or because I am your assignment."

"I love you. I married you. You have to know how much you mean to me," he begged.

I don't expect you to forgive him, but we need everyone to complete this. Scott relayed to me telepathically.

"If we needed everyone you wouldn't have let Kim go," I bite back.

You'll understand my reasons one day.

"Don't hold your breath," I say. "On second thought, do."

Well then, he sighs exasperatedly, where to next?

"I'm already in hell, might as well keep going. So, take us to Australia."

Splendid. At least now the Cacooey won't be the most dangerous thing we have to face.

I feel my eyes become ablaze with colour, though which one, I am not sure.

Love can be a double-edged sword, capable of both nurturing and destroying. Its flames can warm your world or reduce it to ashes.

Like an ethereal whisper carried by an unseen breeze, my words found their way to Scott, weaving through the tapestry of communication. And in that serendipitous moment, his response reached me, a chilling caress that sent shivers cascading down my spine.

Our absence will be noted. He began. The Tailoring will soon figure out what has happened. And who you are. We won't be safe and this will become tenfold harder. They will fear that Odyssey's heir has finally ascended.

Thank you for reading Heir Ascending!

I hope you have enjoyed the journey and world created.

Keep watch for book two, "Heir Descending", coming 2024!