𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙤 𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

    "A lot has been going on." Willow said.

    She sat in her therapists office holding a coffee cup full of apple juice. Her shoes were kicked off on the floor and she sat crisscrossed on the couch.

    "For starters.. my cousins are back in town for good. Which is super exciting because now i get to see them all the time. Also, we won our last volleyball game of the season which was amazing and sad because we won't see the seniors next year.

    "Also one of my friends was outed but it's fine now because she embraced who she truly is. Which in all fairness hasn't changed her attitude and comebacks. What's sad though is the guy i was talking to wanted to end things because he really sees me as a friend which i do too but i thought it would last longer than two weeks.

    "Another thing to note is sectionals is this week and we lost Rachel cause she was suspended for helping out Kurt so now we need to find new people. And if you remember how people responded early this semester.. it's hard.

    "Also i got this letter from my sisters dream college and im scared to open it because im afraid its a rejection letter or acceptance letter. It's been sitting in my bag for about two weeks now." she rambled. She slowly brought the cup to her lips and took a small sip of the liquid before smiling while placing it back in her lap. "But that's all. What's new with you?"

    Don stared at the girl in disbelief and let his hand fall from his head. "All i said was how's your day going so far.." he mumbled.

    "Well it's been a while since i've seen you. I wanted to catch you up." she laughed.

    "Yeah, okay. Let's talk about this.. letter, yeah?" he said. "Can i see it?"

    Placing her cup on the floor, she went over and grabbed the letter from her bag and placed it on the table. She used her foot to scoot it closer to the man.

    In disgust, he picked it up and read the outside of the envelope. "Don't ever do that again." he said holding back a laugh. "Why are you so nervous to open it?"

    "Because it's from the school with the best volleyball team in history." she stated. "Their acceptance rate is barely 5%. And that's only from two years ago."

    He placed the envelope back on the table and leaned back in his chair. "What would the news that's in this letter do for you? Change your mind about the school? Make you want to go there even more?"

    She shrugged her shoulders and started to cross her arms. "I don't know.. I didn't think about any of that.." she said. Her voice went quiet not sure how to feel about everything.

    Don watched the way she started to retract into herself. She picked at her nails and her legs started to bounce on the couch. Putting his notebook down, he rested his elbows on his knees.

    "You have come such a long way, Wil." he smiled. "The first time you were in here... you yelled at me and trashed this place. Then over time you just sat right there with your arms crossed and head down.

    "Now, you've opened up more, let yourself feel and barely yell at me." She laughed at his words making him smile. "This letter is just another obstacle you've come upon. Don't let it stop you. Take time to appreciate yourself and everything around, okay?"

    She locked eyes with the man and her arms loosened their grip around her. "I didn't trash your office my first day." she corrected. "It was the third day."

⋇⋆✦⋆⋇

    Willow walked out the girls locker room with one of the other volleyball girls. "You need to make sure you're captain next year cause if not im coming back from texas and choking you." she joked.