Chapter 37: The Onslaught of Questions

While the scientific community was flocking to Astryd's church in search of explanations, a different form of inquiry was approaching from a different corner. Leaders and followers of various faiths began to raise their voices, demanding answers from Astryd and her congregation. Their questions were fueled by curiosity, skepticism, fear, and in some cases, jealousy.

Reverend Anderson, the vocal head of the city's prominent Methodist church, was one of the first to approach. He sought an audience with Astryd, his demeanor a strange mix of concern and antagonism.

"Why are your angels different from the ones described in our scriptures?" He asked. "Why did they come to your aid? Why haven't we seen them at our own churches?"

Astryd, knowing the significance of this conversation, decided to address his queries on a live stream. She sat down with the Reverend, her calm demeanor acting as a contrast to his fiery disposition.

"Our church believes in a God who gives us the freedom to interpret His word as we see fit," she began, choosing her words carefully. "The manifestations we see are a reflection of our interpretations, our beliefs. Our Seraphim, as we call them, reflect our faith and our understanding of the divine. I believe that they came to our aid because we asked for it, because we believed they would."

As Astryd spoke, her words were broadcasted live, heard by followers of various faiths worldwide. Her calm explanation sparked a wave of discussions and debates. Some agreed with her views, others vehemently disagreed.

Despite the disagreements, Astryd continued to answer queries from different religious leaders, handling each conversation with grace and patience. The onslaught of questions was challenging, but Astryd knew that these dialogues were necessary, part of a larger process of understanding and acceptance.

As the days turned into weeks, Astryd found herself in a whirlwind of discussions, her life turned into an open forum for religious discourse. She faced criticism, ridicule, and even threats, but she stood her ground, firm in her faith.

This chapter in Astryd's life, though fraught with challenges, was instrumental in establishing her congregation's place in the world. Through the onslaught of questions, the Church of Astryd showed that they were not just a fleeting spectacle, but a faith that could stand strong in the face of scrutiny.

In the end, it was their unwavering conviction, their unshakeable faith that earned them respect, even from those who did not agree with them. The dialogue was ongoing, but Astryd and her congregation had shown that they were not afraid to engage, to stand firm in their faith amidst a world of questions.