Chapter 8: The Unexpected Call

The following day, Astryd woke up to the shrill sound of her mobile phone, her head throbbing with the sting of a relentless hangover. As she fumbled for the device, the strong smell of stale alcohol and lingering marijuana hit her like a punch.

She squinted to look at the screen, the bright light assaulting her sensitive eyes. The caller ID said "Jhon," and she found herself paralyzed in a moment of hesitation. The remnants of last week's revelation and yesterday's indulgence fluttered in her foggy mind, making her unsure of her decision to answer.

Finally, she pressed the button to accept the call.

"Hello?" Her voice sounded sleepy, and she cringed at the rasp in her tone.

"Astryd, it's Jhon. You didn't come to the service today." His voice sounded worried, but there was an underlying current of something else that Astryd couldn't quite identify.

Astryd mumbled an apology, saying she had caught a cold and wasn't feeling well. She wasn't entirely lying; her reckless night had left her in a sorry state.

There was silence for a moment. Then Jhon spoke, "I hope you feel better soon. We missed you today."

The call ended shortly after, but Jhon's words lingered in the air. Astryd felt a lump in her throat, a mixture of guilt and apprehension. She had hoped her actions would go unnoticed, that she could slip away without raising suspicions. But Jhon's call proved otherwise.

Sitting alone in her apartment, the aftermath of her rebellion scattered around her, Astryd felt more isolated than ever. The church, with its secrets and the inexplicable feelings it stirred in her, had somehow woven itself into the fabric of her life. Despite the revelations, she found herself missing the sense of community and belonging it had given her. It was a cruel irony; a feeling of loneliness amidst newfound freedom.

As the day wore on, she felt a familiar craving, one her stash of marijuana could satisfy. She spent her afternoon in a cloud of smoke, her body sinking into the soft cushions of her couch as her thoughts spiraled. Her mind kept coming back to Jhon, the memory of his voice on the phone sending shivers down her spine. The idea of his hands on her body, the way he looked at her, was too much. She gave in to the craving, her fingers tracing paths on her skin, her mind filled with images of Jhon. She started slowly, exploring her body with careful precision, letting her mind fill with the image of Jhon, allowing her desire to grow with each thought. As the image of Jhon and her own caresses led her to climax, a burst of pleasure surged through her, leaving her gasping, spent and more confused than ever.

Astryd spent the rest of her day in a haze of introspection, grappling with the reality of her feelings for Jhon, her disappointment in the church, and her own self-destructive tendencies. As night fell, she found herself staring at the ceiling, lost in the whirlwind of her thoughts, the shadow of her past and the uncertainty of her future weighing heavily upon her.

 As night fell, she found herself staring at the ceiling, lost in the whirlwind of her thoughts, the shadow of her past and the uncertainty of her future weighing heavily upon her