"I know." Weiss snapped, her hot anger cooling in an instant as she sighed. The sound of their footfalls echoed through the hall. Ruby and Nora shot each other bemused looks, Nora gave Ruby a shrug. The three rounded a corner and Nora swiped her scroll over her dorm's door.

"Hey how's it Yangin?" Yang greeted the three.

"And I thought my day couldn't get worse, silly me." Weiss shook her head, moving past the blonde to sit in her usual spot. Ruby and Nora followed, shutting the door behind them. All eight moved to sit in their respective spots, practiced as they were.

"Oh come on don't be like that, aren't you excited?" Yang raised her eyebrows.

"Of course we're excited." Weiss begrudgingly answered.

"What do you think is going to happen this season?" Asked Ruby.

"A lot." Blake deadpanned.

"I mean an example." Ruby sagged.

"Carolina will kill the director." Yang shrugged. "She said she would and I can't see anything stopping her."

Pyrrha nodded, "She was determined, and she's not destined to fail like Tex. She was only second to Tex and well... she's gone now."

Yang blew out a sigh, "Yeah, but eh.. Carolina's a badass too."

"What about Church?" Ruby asked, touching her finger tips together.

"I don't think he'll do his usual complaining." Jaune commented. "After everything that happened in the memory unit, he's not just going to be annoyed with them for taking him out. He was desperate to go back in."

"You're right but other than that I can't see what direction he will go. His character development revolved around Tex and without her I don't know what his goal will be." Blake explained.

"He could pick up Carolina's goal." Ren pointed out.

Blake nodded, "He can, after the memory unit I'm sure he'll regain even more memories."

Ruby grimaced, "He'll remember more about getting tortured."

"Probably." Blake agreed.

"What about the freelancers? What are they going to do." Jaune asked.

"I think we've only just begun to see the shadiness of project freelancer." Weiss hummed. "The director told Carolina he would ask her to do a great many things."

"There's growing dissent among the freelancers too, North and York are already questioning what they're doing. South is only thinking about the leaderboard. C.T. Is a leak, Tex is... Tex, And Carolina is only thinking about beating her." Blake added.

"And the A.I. are being made. Omega, Gamma, and Epsilon are on their way. And likely others we haven't seen yet." Ren finished.

The group grinned at each other, excited to start. Jaune didn't waste any more time.

" Revenants" appeared on the screen with the theme.

"Revenants, probably meaning Carolina and Church." Ren commented.

"Everyone comes back from the dead, I'm expecting the Meta to come back eventually." Weiss added.

"I wouldn't be disappointed if he did, but he better come back pissed. " Nora emphasized.

"Could he come back any other way?" Ruby asked.

"Likely not, but a redemption arc would be interesting." Ren hummed.

Blake nodded, "Maybe we'll see more of his personality before he became the Meta. We'll see what he could be again."

Camera slowly pans out from a computer showing a UNSN (United Nations Sports Network) broadcast of a Grifball game. The announcer in front.