Dad cried out for help for anybody, as tears freely rolled down his face, but there was no answer. Dad slumped his body against the wall, as his breathing was slowly and painfully ceasing, with every cough aching  his throat and lungs.

It then dawned on him that he was actually going to die.
Dad called out to the only being left, the only help that existed forever, the only eyes that could see and the only ears that could hear. The only being that knew everything on earth and beyond.
Dad, in between sobs and chokings with the small energy he had, he begged God to save his life promising that he would never insult God as long as he lived. He begged for forgiveness of his sins.

In seconds, his laboratory door, pure metal (which was very strong) busted open. His parents appeared at the door and men started to extinguish the fire and break the glass windows for air circulation.

So about a minute ago, my grandparents smelled smoke. Which wasn't possible because the labs walls and doors were totally sealed, meaning no smell or noise could be sensed. They decided to check if teenage dad was asleep and when they saw he wasn't in bed (because he lied) they came immediately into the lab to check.

Long story short, the doctor told my grandparents that Dad could have easily died from suffocation of contaminated air but something was just blocking the air's impurities from entering his lungs
In lame man's language, it was a miracle.

As Dad was still trying to process what had happened on the night of his accident on his hospital bed, Mom visited him. She went on to cry about his condition and promised to stay with him in the hospital till he got better.
As he watched her fuss over him, Dad felt so bad and guilty for trying to dump her.
He promised himself that he would never leave mom for anyone better or worse even if life kicked him into the darkest ditch.
It was until thier marriage, 9 months, and three weeks after Sam's birth that Dad told Mom this story from his own view.

Dad took Christianity seriously and never joked about biblical teachings at all.
That's why he hated any boy entering the house to come look for me or Sam.
He simply had strict rules.
And unfortunately, I can see myself breaking them.

"Holly?! Did you take your phone?! Young lady you better come upstairs right now!" My mom called with a thunderous tone.

I gulped forgetting to put my phone back into thier drawer. I stood up tiredly and began to form a lie in my head as I walked to the elevator.
Sam hissed at my pancakes

••••••••••••

Sunday 1:30pm
Today in church, I learnt that the Lord always exalted the humble and despised the proud. And come to think of it, the people that God used to bless and heal people, to preach and spread the gospel were humble and unimportant people.
Not kings, queens or rich business guys.

I applied that to my life.
If Jessica was being so proud and high in her position as Queen bee, she was surely bound to lose that position to someone who was humble, someone who wasn't full of herself, someone who had God in her life.
Someone who was wise, knowledgeable and understanding.
That humble, and highly intelligent person was ✨ME✨

I mean, who else?

I had made up my mind to finally take Jessica's crown for myself and others.
Once I become Queen bee of ABC, a lot will change.
First, there'll be no more bullying and people will not be afraid of Jessica anymore and well... everything will be so much better.
I couldn't wait to take Jessica down as I was smiling excitedly as we drove back home.
Sam closed her Holy Bible after reading a proverb and looked at me.
I smiled at her. She rolled her eyes and faced her window.
Typical Sam.