Friends or Woes

hey you guys im back with another longer chapter

================================================================================

(EARLIER BACK IN WEDNESDAYS DORM) 

In the dimly lit dorm room, the typewriter's rhythmic clatter echoed like a haunting melody. Wednesday sat at her desk, fully engrossed in her novel, her fingers dancing across the keys with a swift intensity. The soft glow of the desk lamp illuminated her face, casting shadows that danced around the room.

Enid was sound asleep on the other side of the room, oblivious to the constant clattering of keys. The moonlight shown through the curtains and gently lit up her peaceful sleepy expression.

Meanwhile, Y/n was laid out on Wednesday's bed facing her, his eyes locked on the short writer. He watched her as she seemed trapped in a realm of her own creation, a world that only she could navigate. The admiration in his gaze, as he marveled at her

at the peak of her intense focus, the typewriter let out a gentle ding, a completion of another chapter for her narrative. As if drawn by an invisible force  Wednesday's eyes lifted from the paper, and she met Y/n's gaze.

Without breaking her focus, Wednesday gave Y/n a small, knowing look. He returned it with a look of silent encouragement, showing that he was happy for her, as she had been stuck with writers block for a while.

Y/n yawned, with the weight of exhaustion finally catching up with him, he turned to Wednesday with a warm, innocent smile. 

Y/N: "Hey, you wanna come to bed with me? It's getting late," he gently suggested, hoping to share the comfort of their shared bed.

Wednesday, however kept her eyes fixated on the half-written pages before her. 

Wednesday: "I appreciate it, but my novel requires my full attention right now. You go ahead and rest I'll join you later," she replied.

A hint of disappointment crept into Y/n's eyes, but he nodded, accepting her decision. 

Y/N: "Oh, yeah. no You work on your book. I Love you, goodnight," he said softly, respecting her wishes. With a sigh, he rolled over in the bed and faced away from her. 

As Y/n settled into the bed, thing tugged on the corner of Wednesday's sleeve, as if to tell her about the lack of a "I love you too, " he signed. She turned her head to look at him, she looks at the hand. No words were exchanged, but in that moment with her look, she communicated volumes to the severed limb.

its been deathly quiet since Y/n said goodnight so he turned to face her,

Y/N: " I'll see you in the morning." he said, his voice gentle and understanding.

As Wednesday let out a somewhat annoyed sigh due to thing yanking on her sleeve not letting her type, she couldn't shake the feeling of guilt that gnawed at her. The sound of her footsteps echoed through the room as she got up from her desk. Her shadow now covered Y/n's face from the dim light, he could sense someone standing in front of him.

Curiosity piqued as Y/n slowly opened his eyes, only to be met with the unexpected sight of Wednesday falling onto him. Before he could react, her arms and legs wrapped around him in a warm and tight embrace, pulling him close to her.

any lingering disappointment or defeat he felt in that moment melted away. The full Wednesday cuddle was something he cherished. the comfort and reassurance it brought always made him feel loved and appreciated as Wednesday never showed much affection other than when they were alone.