Innocent Beginnings Part ~ 1.(UPDATE)

REWRITE

(y/n was 12 and Wednesday 11)

Y/N, who was now 12 years old, had been doing well since the incidents that occurred four years ago. Throughout this time, he had the constant support of Wednesday, who had become more than just a friend to him. Y/N felt a deep affection for her, something beyond mere friendship he loved her. However, he was unsure if Wednesday felt the same way, so he kept his feelings hidden. That was until their school announced a talent show, which sparked an idea in Y/N's mind. He decided to use his voice and guitar to create a song for Wednesday, without her knowing.

Two weeks had passed, and Wednesday had noticed something was off. Y/N, who would typically want to spend time with her, seemed distant. This made Wednesday wonder if he was growing tired of her. She despised the fact that he had been ignoring her for two weeks, and she needed answers.

One day, an 11-year-old Wednesday angrily ascended the stairs of the Addams mansion and headed towards Y/N's room. She was about to burst in but halted as she heard the faint sound of a guitar playing from behind the door. 

Muffled voice: "No, no, no, that won't work," she heard Y/N mutter to himself. She could also hear the sound of crumpling paper. Wednesday let out a sigh but was interrupted by Y/N's voice.

Y/N (muffled): 🎙️ I saw her dancing at a funeral, and that's where it starts, yeah, in Asbury Park. There's something absolutely beautiful about who you are, yeah, a smile in the dark. 🎙️ The boy sang quietly, and Wednesday smirked as she realized that he had been avoiding her all this time because he was crafting a song about her. How did she know? Well, Y/N and Wednesday had attended a funeral when they were very young, and that's when they began to discover more about each other.

(This song is wide eyes by jawny and I didn't know before, but Asbury Park is actually in new jersey and that is where the Addams family live lmfao)

Wednesday decided to give Y/N more space but no longer than two days. Fortunately for him, the school talent show was scheduled for the next day. It was now time for supper.

Morticia: "Wednesday, my dear, supper is ready. Can you go let Y/N know?" she called from the dining room.

Wednesday: "That's if he will let me see him first," she replied, already emerging from behind Morticia. Y/N came running down the stairs, looking lively and having regained his energy over time.

Y/N: "Oooh, it smells good! What do we have for tonight?" he exclaimed, inhaling the enticing aroma of spices and herbs in the air. He glanced at the table and saw his favorite dishes.

Morticia: "Well, we all know it's Cinco de Mayo, so Gomez and I prepared enchiladas, machaca, tacos, and tamales. We have it all."

Y/N could see the disappointment on Wednesday's face, and he already knew why she was upset. Her favorite meal hadn't been prepared, and she had been eagerly waiting for it since the last Cinco de Mayo. Last year, she couldn't eat anything due to an illness.

Wednesday: "I don't feel like eating anything," she pouted and walked out of the dining room.

Morticia: "Wednesday, are you sick again?" she asked, concerned.

Y/N: "Hey, Mrs. Addams, do we have any leftover ingredients?" he asked, smiling. 

Morticia: "Yes, why? Is something wrong?" she responded.

Y/N: "It's just that Wednesday has been waiting for a particular cuisine for two years, and, well, it wasn't made this year."

Morticia: "Oh, goodness, I hadn't realized. Well, what does she like? I'll start making it now," she said, feeling guilty.