009

◇ CHAPTER NINE ◇

₍˄·͈༝·͈˄₎◞ ̑̑ೃ࿔

-- One Day Before Ham Dan-i Returns to Her World -- March 1st -- 8:00 PM --

Today was one of those days when Han Mihyun found it difficult not to dwell on the one rule she had set for herself upon arriving in this world.

Do not interfere more than necessary in the negative events that your friends have to experience.

But doing that was never easy. That's why Mihyun always tried to keep her mind occupied.

This time, immersing herself in multiple virtual battles seemed like the best option. So, she agreed to join the video game night with Woo Jooin and Eun Ji-Ho.

And, in the process, she would already be... in the next scenario.

Hah... this is not working. She scolded herself as she finished packing a dental hygiene kit and her Batman slippers. At least I'm not going directly to Eunhyung's house. Does that count as progress, right?

Down the hallway, her dad, on his way to his own room, stopped when he saw her silently nodding nervously. "Are you going out?"

Startled, Mihyun jumped a bit but quickly composed herself, realizing she had forgotten to close her door.

"Oh. Yes. Video game night," she replied, not giving much importance to her brief explanation. It's not like she had to ask for permission to go out here or anything, something that had seemed very strange at first but was now quite normal.

"Video game night?"

"Hm. With some friends. I'll be back tomorrow at around this time."

"I see. Friends..."

With an uncomfortable expression, the black-haired man inspected his daughter's yellow room, loosened his tie, and then approached.

Mihyun looked at her father with curiosity since he rarely entered her room, while he seemed to search for the right words.

"How... How many girls, besides you, will there be?"

Surprised by her father's question, Minhyun raised an eyebrow. She hadn't talked much about her social life or friendships with him; the topic had never come up, and he only knew a couple of her friends due to coincidences. So, this question caught her off guard.

"Today... Well, they'll only come tomorrow, Dad," she responded cautiously, unsure of where the conversation was going. "You know, they're not big fans of video games."

Her father seemed to struggle to find the right words again. However, in the end he ended up letting out a sigh. He still didn't want to give her the talk, she was still very little, right? Yes. Better to wait, although deep down he knew that he couldn't postpone it more than a couple of years.

"I guess. Take... care."

"Hm."

Turning to leave, the man remained silent for a few moments before resuming his path. But already at the door he dared to say something else even if it sounded a little uncomfortable.

"Minhyun... I know you have your own world, your own life. I just... want to make sure you're okay."

Mihyun felt touched by the genuine concern in her father's eyes. Despite their distant relationship, her father still cared about her well-being.

"Thank you, Dad," she said with a sincere smile. "I'm fine, really. And you don't have to worry so much. I have good friends."

Her father nodded slowly, as if processing that information. "Well, if you need anything or want me to pick you up, tomorrow i will be here."