013

────────── ·  ·  ·  · ✦
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
✦ ·  ·  ·  · ──────────

𝟸.𝟽𝚔 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

It was a very pleasant dinner. Shared smiles, soft bites, and easy conversations. These last ones were only occasionally interrupted by the attentive waiter tending to the table. Everything seemed orchestrated like a harmonious piece of theater, in a good way.

It was ironic to feel at home with practically two strangers she had met earlier that day. Though it didn't bother her.

Moving her fork here and there, Minhyun unknowingly created a small smiley face with the remaining peas from her soup.

This elicited smiles from her table companions, but it also lit up with shame the artist 's face. Quickly, she destroyed her culinary creation, causing one of the peas to fly out of her bowl.

Catching the tiny green sphere in mid-air, Ru-Da showed off his impressive reflexes before playfully asking.

—And that missile?

—My mistake, sorry. —Minhyun accepted with embarrassment, looking like a fluorescent sign. Curse these chopsticks!

Fortunately, her friend forgave her without further teasing and decided better get up to go to the bathroom. The pea had turned into pulp in Lee Ru-Da's left hand.

—Haha, I'll be right back.

—Yeah... be careful.

—Ultimately, you won't want desserts, right? —Ian asked, capturing the attention of both.

Ru-Da and Minhyun exchanged a silent glance before Minhyun responded, —I'm good, thanks. I don't think we can handle more food. Right, Ru-Da?

The blonde boy nodded in agreement before looking at his father. —If I eat anything more, I'll explode, Dad. Maybe next time.

—I see. Then go wash your hands; we'll wait for you outside. —Ian informed his son as he got up from his chair.

—Okay, I'll catch up with you. —Ru-Da said, and with that, he left. It wasn't until he had completely disappeared that Minhyun stopped watching him.

Ian, who approached to help the blonde girl, smiled paternally misinterpreting happily the attitude of Mihyun with his son. Nevertheless, he said nothing about his own mistaken conclusions.

He simply extended his gentlemanly hand to the little miss in front of him, making her blue eyes fall on him, full of questions.

—Your feet hurt, don't they? Lean on me with confidence.

Feeling caught, Minhyun bit her lip before smiling shyly.

—Haha, you noticed, huh? Thanks. —she said, accepting the help to stand up. Unfortunately, that did not prevent her legs from twisting like those of a fawn, as they tried to assimilate her weight while standing.

Embarrassed, she nervously laughed, regaining her balance and carefully linking her arm with Ian's. The soles of her feet were hurting.