016

❀〘 CHAPTER SIXTEEN 〙❀

𝟹.𝟽𝚔 𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

◞──────────────◟

𝙼𝚢 𝙺𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚆𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗

𝙾𝚑, 𝚋𝚊𝚋𝚢
𝙾𝚑, 𝚖𝚊𝚗
𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗' 𝚖𝚎 𝚌𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢
𝚁𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚗' 𝚖𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚍
𝚃𝚑𝚊𝚝'𝚜 𝚊𝚕𝚛𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚖𝚎
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚗𝚘 𝚏𝚞𝚜𝚜
𝙰𝚜 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚜 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚎
𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚠𝚘 𝚘𝚏 𝚞𝚜

𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚢, 𝚖𝚢, 𝚖𝚢, 𝚖𝚢 𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚠𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗

— 𝙼𝚊𝚌 𝙳𝚎𝙼𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚘

◝──────────────◜

Let's skip the part where high school students hung out at the karaoke, as there was nothing special to mention about what they were doing despite the usual antics of the Four Heavenly Kings like stunning the receptionists, etc. Everyone simply enjoyed taking turns performing in front of the blinking lyrics screen.

Some, like Ban Yeo-Ryeong, showcased their good qualities. It was almost moving to hear her sweet voice filling the room followed by Haam Dan-i's tender shyness, who only dared to accompany her on three songs. Then Eunhyung took over upon seeing her struggle to keep up with Yeo-Ryeong, who seemed unwilling to let go of the microphone.

Luckily, this was not a challenge for Eun Hyung as he was already good at handling even Han Minhyun herself, who was like a hurricane whenever she and Chun Young went to raid his house on game-nights. He was too accustomed to rowdy kids. So, although he usually frequented mainly ballads that aligned with his appearance and style, he managed to rap as a backup singer while Yeo-Ryeong gave it her all.

'Mihyun infected her with madness,' he thought amusingly more than once, discreetly searching for a pair of blue eyes, different from those of his best friend, that had been avoiding him since school let out.

Meanwhile, Jooin and Ji-Ho had become the clowns of the night. Their off-key voices cutting through the air like rusty blades. They even dragged Mihyun, who could sing very well, into the charade. With their arms describing arcs in the air, tilting their heads toward the ceiling.

Ji-Ho, who hadn't stopped drilling into Eunhyung's skull for a long time, was strategically placed in the middle, by both cunning friends. All to force him to focus solely on the screen.

—Ji-Ho, come on, son! Wipe that shit-eating grin off your face and smile a bit,— scolded Mihyun as if he were a mother dealing with a sulky teenage son. Jooin, who nearly choked on his saliva upon hearing that, laughed and agreed, adding his own mature slang. Enjoy it, child! Enjoy it!

Ji-Ho glared at them but let them be for once. After a few laughs and shoves, the plan resulted in complete success, and Ji-Ho finally managed to shake off his bad mood and have some carefree fun.

The three would always remember in their hearts how they forgot about the world, singing and dancing ridiculously "Stayin' Alive" by Bee Gees. Especially when their dance moves were a mix of awkward movements and exaggerated disco gestures, all while trying to keep up with the song lyrics, causing their friends on the couch to burst into fits of laughter. Some covered their mouths to suppress laughter, while others clapped to the rhythm of the song, completely entertained by the hilarious performance.