007

░C░H░A░P░T░E░R░

░S░E░V░E░N░

"Damn. When is she supposed to send me the monthly allowance? Did she completely forget she has a daughter? How am I supposed to buy Saja's food? He has a specific diet!"

Sitting at the table, facing an account book, Han Mihyun anxiously ruffled her hair due to the balance displayed on her phone's screen. It had been bothering her for a few days already.

"I can't keep asking da- " Minhyun paused, hesitating for a moment, still not accustomed to calling another man dad who wasn't her father.

A audible sigh escaped the blonde's lips as she massaged the bridge of her nose.

After returning from the beach trip, Mihyun checked her bank account to ensure everything was in order, but it turned out it wasn't.

This wasn't the first time she worried about money since she came to this world. Something like this didn't happen in her previous life, but here... ha! She had only understood a couple of things about her new family, if it could even be called that.

And the first thing was that it was completely dysfunctional. That was clear.

Despite that, she tried not to let all of that affect her too much. She consoled herself with the fact that they weren't her original parents. And even though she missed the warmth of her previous family, it wasn't so strange for her to spend time alone at home.

At least her original parents, busy lawyers, used to make up for their absence with weekends and goodnight wishes. In contrast, her current guardians didn't even bother pretending to be curious about her life.

Godness, she would never forget her first meal with them. It was completely unexpected and as quiet as a funeral. Eating with strangers, which is what they were to her, turned out to be more uncomfortable than she expected due to their lack of linguistic cooperation.

Aside from that, she didn't remember much more relevant. Oh, wait, yes. There was one detail that almost made her call the police.

Remember the portrait she saw on her first night wandering around the house? Well, that couple of similar age weren't her, true, new parents, but her deceased grandparents.

But that didn't matter as much as the fact that her true new parents had a 15-year age difference!

She wondered how that could even be legal. She was ready to confront, with an imaginary shotgun, her father when he entered; but that changed when she observed the attitudes of her legal guardians toward each other.

With an arrogant woman silencing an older man with annoyance, without the slightest consideration, it was clear who held the leash. Her mother. A blonde with scarlet lips, like her eyes.

Unlike her father, who was 52, her mother was only 37 and looked much younger. You could easily subtract a couple of years.

Heh, and that woman had certainly made the most of it. She was freshly divorced and rebuilding her life with her lover somewhere else.

While, her poor father...

Although he maintained serenity in his steps and the dull tone of his voice, he still wore a gold ring on his finger.

Poor man, Han Mihyun thought every time she saw him at home.

She had tried to talk to him more than once, but their father-daughter relationship had been dead for a while and he became uncomfortable when she tried.