012

CHAPTER TWELVE

0:48 ───●─────────── 4:10

ɴᴏᴡ ᴘʟᴀʏɪɴɢ:
[ Carmen - Lana del Rey ]

↻ ʀᴇᴘʟᴀʏ ⇉ sᴋɪᴘ ♡ ʟɪᴋᴇ

After discussing Lee Ru-Da's false appearance and witnessing the reconciliation between Yeo-Ryeong and Mihyun, following an incident in which Yeo-Ryeong had made Mihyun cry by questioning whether a Korean could have blue eyes and blonde hair, the seven friends bid farewell and headed to their respective homes.

However, on the way back home, Han Mihyun decided to take a detour that took her so long that the sun began to set. Exhausted after climbing fifteen flights of stairs without a functioning elevator, she paused for a moment to catch her breath. She lamented her bad luck and, although she knew she wouldn't have done it if it weren't for today, she scolded herself, saying she could come back another day when the elevator was repaired.

Minhyun had never liked visiting that place. She still remembered her first visit, which had been unpleasant. She didn't have the courage to take a step inside that place.

That time, her mother received her, a woman who, although very beautiful, Han Mihyun considered her vulgar.

Is she going to greet me in lingerie today too? Her stomach churned at the thought. She had no intention of staying longer than necessary.

Five minutes. Just five minutes, and we leave. She reassured herself, thinking that she only had to pick up a check and then leave.

However, a strange feeling of discomfort and alertness washed over her as she waited in the dimly lit hallway. It almost felt eerie, but she had no choice if she wanted to avoid running out of money in less than three days.

Finally, she heard footsteps approaching the door. She nervously closed her eyes to calm herself and swallowed hard. It wasn't until the smell of Lo Crux cigarettes enveloped her like a heavy cloud that she opened them again. Something she regretted almost instantly.

I mean, she was grateful it wasn't a woman in lingerie opening the door for her, but... She definitely would have preferred that to encountering her mother's boyfriend in a state of half-undress. This unexpected situation left Han Minhyun unsure of how to react.

Do either of these two know how to properly receive a guest...? Gosh, I'll definitely need to wash my eyes thoroughly when I get home. She thought with disgust.

Finally, she chose to address the situation directly and robotically.

"I'm looking for my mother. Can you call her?"

The thirty-five year old man, visibly embarrassed, retreated for a moment before returning with a shirt on.

"Mi-Mihyun... I'm sorry, I didn't hear you clearly earlier. I didn't know you were coming to visit. If you had let me know..."

Han Minhyun stopped him with a gesture of her hand and said with sharp eyes, "I don't. I'm simply looking for my mother."

"O-oh. Yeah... She... she's not here right now. She's working late tonight."

"...I see. Tell her to call me. Or at least answer my calls. Otherwise, I'll come back the day after tomorrow."

"Of course but, she'll be here in half an hour. If you want, you can wait for her."

"No thank you. I'm fine."

"But Mihyun, this is also your home. We can wait for her. I was baking a pizza, i-it's not homemade, but—"