ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝘪-𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥⁶♬

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Nobody spoke until it was time to send the trainees away. They bid Youngbin, Daniel, Jake, Jay, Nicholas, Niki, Naeun, Minah, Semi, and Lila off with heavy hearts.

Heran stood on the side with her arms crossed and her head hung as everyone hugged until she felt a tap on her shoulder. She raised her head and met Jake with a saddened gaze.

Her heart dropped when he pulled her into a hug, she tried her best to stop all her emotions from pooling out at once but it had been so long since she'd been given a proper hug that she nearly broke down.

"You're gonna come back," Heran muffled out and Jake tightened the hug.

"We need to debut together so obviously. If anything I should be telling you to not give yourself such a hard time," he said with a small laugh and stayed like that for a few seconds before leaving.

Semi and Minah ran up to Heran with tears streaming down their cheeks, saying how sorry they were but she pushed it aside and told them to look after themselves and come back stronger.

The 16 trainees waved off their friends with heavy hearts and stained cheeks but now that they were gone everyone went their separate ways and it was clear that the boys were having a harder time having lost 6 of their friends.

Heeseung tried to talk to Heran but she asked to be alone and he understood, he knew when to leave her alone and when to comfort her and she needed some time to cool off about the whole Naeun thing.

Not even 30 minutes later the gate opened again to reveal the 9 Grounders who would be joining them. Taki, EJ, Hanbin, Sunoo, Jaebom, Taeyong, Ruka, Eunah, Sehyun, and Eunji walked in with excited smiles.

The I-Landers were in shock as their friends ran up to them, greeting them with long-awaited hugs after being reunited.

Heran watched as Taki and K embraced each other, the scene was enough to make her cry but she quickly brushed away the single tear that fell and helped the others with their plaques for their seats.

Sunoo clutched it close to his chest and kept on repeating, "My nameplate" over and over almost as if he couldn't believe it. Heran let out a small laugh at his behavior, jolting slightly when he looked at her and bowed, and she did the same.

After they had shown the new I-Landers around everyone got to their rooms to refresh before dinner but Heran decided to stay in her room.

"Heran, are you sure?" Jiwoo asked and brushed the hair out of Heran's face.

She lifted the blanket further up to her chin and nodded in response but Jiwoo didn't want to leave and said that she'd stay with her if she wasn't feeling well but of course, Heran declined.

"Eonnie no, I'll be fine I promise. I'll get something to eat later."

Jiwoo let out a sigh before leaving Heran to rest so when she sat down at the dining table everyone looked at her sceptically to ask where Heran was.

"She's just tired, she'll eat later."

Heeseung looked at Jiwoo worriedly, she held eye contact for a few seconds before getting back to her conversation with Jongeun.

Heran woke up later that evening, she hadn't gotten any sleep in and instead spent the last couple hours tossing and turning in bed as her thoughts swarmed her mind, her interaction with Naeun replaying every few seconds.

She quietly lifted her blanket off her and put on her sneakers. She needed to clear her head and couldn't sleep so there wasn't any point in laying in bed while waiting for something to happen.