ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝘪-𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥¹♬

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The atmosphere was tense in the I-Land building as each male trainee made their way to the seating area upon their arrival. Everyone shared glances and discussed among themselves to try and ease the tension and say how anxious they were.

Once all 23 trainees made it into the building, just as they thought that the door was about to shut and that they were going to start their evaluations a red siren went off which caught everyone by surprise.

The huge entryway opened once more, and with widened eyes, all 23 boys sat in anticipation for another trainee to walk in, and as they were right, there was a slight issue.

"Oh my god," one of the trainees- Jay said and put his hands on his head in shock at the sight of the 2 girls that walked in, just as confused as they were.

It didn't take long for them to figure out that this was a co-ed project and by the way that the two genders instinctively sat on opposite sides of the room it was sure to be an interesting arrangement.

"Do you think she's going to be here?" Minah asked her friends with an uneasy smile.

The two other girls let out awkward laughs and started talking among themselves.

"I hope she's not," Seoyeon said and put her head into her hands, causing Jiwoo to laugh at her friend's antics while she patted her back reassuringly.

"What if she is?" another trainee asked- Yubin who was just as nervous as everyone else.

"I heard that she left BigHit though," another named Lila said just above a whisper and it wasn't long before the rest of the female trainees joined in while the boys just watched them in utter confusion.

"Who are they talking about?" Sunghoon asked Jake, who was sitting to his left, and the boy shook his head in reply, just as clueless as he was.

They were 22 female trainees in total when the girls started feeling more at ease with their chances of making it into the debut line but just as they got their hopes up the entryway opened once more to reveal the final trainee.

"Well, say goodbye to your dream of debuting, I'm leaving," Jiwoo said jokingly and threw her head back, which made everyone to laugh until the trainee was fully revealed.

When Heran made it inside, her smile dropped in an instant upon seeing the 23 boys sitting on the other side. She finally understood what they meant by 46 trainees, and she'd never felt more played her entire life.

"Oh you've got to be joking right now," she scoffed in disbelief and ran a hand through her hair in frustration.

She stepped onto the platform and nearly dropped to the floor when all 22 female trainees got up from their seats to bow at her a full 90°.

"What are you-" She put her hands out in frantic, knowing that more than half of these girls were older than her and if the viewers were going to see this, then she was done for.

"I don't even know any of you there's no reason to bow," she said hurriedly and bowed back frantically in return while the boys sat and bowed in her direction but she only tipped her head forward with her lips pursed.