ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝘪-𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥¹²♬

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

"How is there already a minute left? I swear we just got the choreography yesterday," Heran complained as she looked at the timer that was displayed on the gateway screen.

Everything just kept on moving faster and faster. She had no time to breathe. She was sure that there were at least two more tests left until the debut lineup would be decided, and she couldn't believe that she had made it this far.

"Let's all make our performances legendary."

Jay's comment had caught her attention from the front of the lobby. She turned to look at him with her arms crossed and a lopsided smile. She found it rather funny that he was the one telling them that.

"Since when were you this optimistic?" she asked with a chuckle and walked over to where everyone was.

Jay didn't have anything to counter and just averted his gaze to the timer in front of them. He knew that if he said something, it'd end up in another banter session, and he wasn't too sure that he wanted the other boys to see that side of him.

Heran knew exactly how to push his buttons and get the best reactions out of him, so it was hard enough to try and keep his composure and comments to himself.

"If I didn't know any better, I would think that I'm rubbing off on you," she said playfully and nudged him on the arm to try and prompt him but he stood his ground.

He didn't even bat an eye and continued to listen to everyone else's conversations, or at least that's what he tried to do.

Jay could feel his eye twitching with the urge to say something back, but he fought as hard as he could even if it meant that Heran was getting the best of him.

She let out an impressed hum at his willpower to not react. She didn't think that he had it in him. She patted him on the shoulder with a smile and wished him luck, something that he could actually tolerate and reply to.

She made her way over to her group but made a quick stop to look at Jay. "That outfit makes you look super short, by the way."

Jay's eyes widened at the utter disrespect that Heran was spitting and sent Heeseung a look but the older boy just shrugged, knowing very well that it was only going to get worse from here and that Jay was officially Heran's new banter buddy.

"I-Lander rank 1 to 7, please return your badges."

Heran sighed as she looked down at her badge before removing it and putting it up in front with everyone else's. She knew well that this could be her last performance but hoped and prayed that she'd be able to return.

"Ah, I hope we can get them back," Jungwon said sadly and put his badge down as well.

As the presenter continued to speak, the other boys looked at the badges in the container longingly and made comments about how they were going to take it after the evaluation later.

"The first team up for the global evaluation is 'Flicker'."

Everyone on Heeseung's team groaned at the announcement as they were up first while the other team clapped and wished them luck and reassured them that they were going to do well.

The 5 trainees nervously stepped into the gateway and readied themselves for what could be their last performance. They did their best to try and stay calm, knowing that their practice was going to pay off.

"Remember to relax. You have every right to flirt with the camera for this performance," Heran said seriously, and the boys couldn't help but laugh at her advice.