ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : 𝘪-𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘥¹³♬

1:35 ───ㅇ───── 3:47
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Later that evening, they were all called outside for a surprise. They hadn't been outside from the moment they had stepped into the building, so the sudden request was enough to make them jump from their seats.

Although Jay pointed out that it could've been for something bad, everyone got changed regardless and made their way to the side of the building where a bench was set up for them along with a projector.

At first, they thought that they were going to watch a movie, but when the screen flashed on and the presenter showed up again, it was said that fans had sent various video messages to each trainee.

They were shocked that there were people who went out of their way to support them. The entire idea itself was surreal. The fact that they hadn't even debuted yet but they still had managed to form a fanbase was chilling.

K was the first trainee whose fan video would be shown, and everyone was excited to see what was going to be said.

It was heartwarming the way that each trainee got their moment to see that their hard work was loved and appreciated. Sometimes, their self-doubt was all that stuck with them for days on end, and they had no choice but to find some sort of peace within it.

It was draining and lonely, but it was the only emotion that seemed consistent for a while. The life they chose to pursue would start to feel like a cold empty abyss that they had to either walk through or find comfort in. Unfortunately, there was no in-between.

So, as they sat and listened to the comforting words from their fans and supporters, it helped to bring a small amount of warmth and security to cloud their depressing thoughts even just for a while.

Everyone clapped happily when the segment was over, but before they could leave, something else flashed onto the screen, and a group of gasps and laughs echoed through the night air.

"It's a Q and A," Jungwon said happily while everyone waited for the first question to pop up.

"What are your favourite memories from your time here at I-Land?" Heeseung read out loud, and the other trainees started to think.

"When we had that pillow fight and Heeseung hyung hit Jay hyung in the face."

The I-Landers all started laughing at the memory. However, Jay remained silent as he recalled how hard the pillow had him in the face. He looked at Heran, who was sitting in the middle with Heeseung, an apologetic smile on her face.

"It was Heran's fault that she ducked," Heeseung defended himself by throwing Heran under the bus, which took her by surprise at how he was trying to make her seem like the issue.

"Well, sorry for trying not to get hurt," she retorted. "And he hit me in the face anyway."

"Because you laughed!"

The segment went on for a while with ongoing questions and the I-Landers discovering new sides to each other that they hadn't gotten the opportunity to see yet because of their busy schedule.

Niki danced for them, Sunghoon showed off some of his figure skating moves, and they even got Heeseung to do some aegyo. The world was healing.