Prologue: Soulmate

It was a quiet night. Inside of a extraordinary, big, and spacious mansion lies a 15-year old boy on his bed. This boy has brown-hair, golden-yellow eye color, and a blank expression on his face. This boy is Ayanokouji Kiyotaka and his greatest wish is for freedom and a peaceful life.

Ayanokouji sighed contently as he enjoyed the cool breeze coming in through the open bedroom window. Ayanokouji was reading Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. Ayanokouji grabbed the cup of green tea that was on the bedside table and took a sip.

What an nice and quiet evening. It's something that I grew fond of when I left that place.

Ayanokouji shrugged away his thoughts and controlled his wandering mind. He focused on the book in front of him and continue to read.

**Timeskip (one and half hour later)**

Ayanokouji placed his bookmark into the book and closed it. He had finished reading about half of the book and decided to get some sleep. Ayanokouji summoned his personal butler, Matsuo. Matsuo is a man in his mid-50s with an aura of formality, elegance, professionalism, and loyalty. Matsuo is basically the quintessential and picture perfect butler.

"Yes, Kiyotaka-sama? You called for me?"

"Yes, Matsuo. I'm going to sleep now. Can you take the teapot and cup back to kitchen?"

"Yes, of course."

Matsuo swiftly picked up the tray and placed it perfectly on his arm, balancing the tray. He quickly opened the bedroom door and turned around to face Ayanokouji.

"Good night, Kiyotaka-sama."

"Good night, Matsuo."

Matsuo left the bedroom and Ayanokouji moved his blanket and pillow, placing it back to its original position. Ayanokouji closed his bedroom window and locked it. Ayanokouji turned off the lights and lay his head onto the soft pillow of his and pull the blanket closer to him. Ayanokouji closed his eyes and slowly drifted to sleep with his wandering mind and thoughts lulled him to sleep.

**Next day (morning, 4:30 AM)**

Ayanokouji woke up early, at the same time every day, around 4:30 AM. He got up and did some stretches to wake up his muscles. He walked into wardrobe closet and changed into a T-shirt and shorts, his gym outfit. Ayanokouji left the bedroom and went downstairs to his gym.

Ayanokouji did usual morning exercise routine: 100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 50 bench presses with varying weights, and 10-km run on the treadmill. This daily routine took about 2 hours with some breaks in between the sessions.

Ayanokouji got off the treadmill and wiped his forehead with a towel to get rid off the sweat. His T-shirt is plastered with sweat and it's see through, showing his rock-hard abs and muscles to the world. Ayanokouji grabbed a bottle of water and chugged all of it down with a gulp. Ayanokouji felt a pair of eyes on him and he turned around. Standing a fair distance away, a pair of young and beautiful maids in their early 20s are looking at him, blushing and muttering to each other. They noticed that Ayanokouji was looking back at them and their faces turned even redder and they averted their eyes away from Ayanokouji.

"K-kkiyotaka-sama, b-breakfast is ready for you." stammered one of the maids, while the other maid is still averting her eyes away from Ayanokouji.

"Thank you, you two. I'll be there shortly." replied Ayanokouji.

The two maids nodded in response and bowed before quickly leaving the gym. Their faces still flushed and their walking patterns have changed from their usual elegance to a stumbling drunk.