Morticia

Nothing! Morticia had found nothing. Honestly, she had never bothered to go through the history of the castle she lived in but now that she was trying, even checking the documents in Gomez's office, she couldn't find anything "Addams," the castle had been built normally, no spells or anything else had been used, from what it appeared as the modern era passed and came to pass it had been checked and brought up to standard with all kinds of documentation and nothing abnormal had been recorded. The hauntings of ghosts and the various demons and ghouls, are all recorded but did not seem to be related to the castle.

Morticia can find nothing, not even from the diaries of those who designed the building, to indicate that it could somehow become sentient.

It is something taken for granted by generations of Addams families that the manor was an integral member of the family and lived a life of its own.

Not even Gomez or the grandmother were able to say anything to the woman, yet how is it possible that no one has ever researched this thing, she is alive but it is not strange for the Addams family, it is strange that nothing is known about it.

Morticia will have to add it to the Addams' list of great mysteries, though it certainly doesn't top the mystery of where Hand came from.

Closing yet another old and dusty diary, as she puts it back in its place Morticia's eye falls on a book or rather, given the section of the library, on a diary, it is different from the others, it is on a shelf along with 3 other similarly relegated diaries with stiff red cloth.

Because of the way the books in this section of the library are catalogued, she knows that each shelf or even section is devoted to one person's diaries, and you can tell when the owner changes by the binding, from stiff finely carved wooden covers to creased and patched leather covers at the best of times.

These journals on the other hand were strange, she had noticed them before but had not paid much attention to them, at least until that moment because one had fallen revealing the cover of the one behind it, while the one lying on the shelf she remembers well had a bare cover, the second one had a huge 5-finger gash very easily traceable to a werewolf, and it struck her as odd because the journals of family members who were werewolves or werewolf hunters are in a separate section and she knows them all by now, after all, their adventures are great as bedtime stories for children.

An instinct in her head told Morticia that there was something important here and so she took one, not taking the one with the scratch but the first one from the left imagining it to be the first in the series.

When she opened it and read the date she realized that it was set shortly after Goody killed Crackstone and that it belonged to one Jacob Addams. What intrigued her even more was what could be interpreted as some kind of magic circle--a set of symbols and drawings that she seemed to recognize but since both her family and the Addams family had stopped practicing witchcraft centuries ago, she could not quite identify. Checking the covers of the other journals as well, this symbol was the same and drawn behind the cover of every single journal.

This seems strange to her; she should have asked Granny if she could explain the meaning.

Returning to what was the first journal, she certainly did not expect this one to begin with such a flamboyant and, above all, such a useful title: Journal on the Blood Moon Wolves by Jacob Addams.

Meanwhile, Wednesday is striding down the stone steps. Enid walks behind her quite terrified by the sheer aura of darkness that emanated from her companion. Raven totally ignored the paintings depicting the various Addams family members and adjuncts who had inhabited the house. The girl continued straight down the stairs more than sure she wanted to continue her goal of finding and exorcising the spirit that had destroyed her typewriter.