Words? Are there such things?

In the end Wednesday didn't shed a single drop of blood, well yes a little trickle of blood from Ms. Sinclair's mouth came out of her when she took the beating on the back of her head complete with a jolt and ended up face first on the ground but in short nothing serious and that made Wednesday seethe with rage, she wanted to tear those wolves to pieces, she had enough blades with her, enough silver that even by DNA testing they wouldn't know what the remains were of, the way she wanted to reduce them, but there was a little voice in her little head that said "Enid wouldn't want her family to be slaughtered" and Wednesday had to listen to it.

It is now past 8:30 p.m. when she returns to the cottage where she confirms with Lurch that there were no problems there.

"Lurch stow all your weapons in the trunk, keep maybe just your usual punch puller handy, I'll keep my knives, Thing...... is Thing. I'm going to go check on Enid now-has there been any news?"

The butler emits a grunt and nods his head.

Wednesday nods and enters the house, slowly beginning to make her way to the loft, it almost feels to her as if she is going to meet her death, as if she is about to lay her head under the executioner's axe but not in a positive Addams sense.

Arriving in front of the bed Enid is curled up in the fetal position and is shivering, Thing somehow seems to try to comfort her by shaking and stroking her shoulder but the girl does not react in any way, only when she seems to smell something does the girl calm down and even the appendix notices Wednesday's presence.

Apparently your presence calms her down; she must have smelled you and it was enough to calm her down.

Wednesday does not even dignify the severed hand with a dirty look, she just waves him away, Thing for his part wants to avoid trouble or witnessing scenes that would have led him to certain death, he in his heart, if one can say for a hand, hoped the two or at least hoped Wednesday would accept the bond and what Enid now represents to her.

Wednesday approaches the bed more and more slowly, sits on the edge practically on the verge of falling off, not wanting to get too close to the girl who almost immediately extends her body toward the girl with the braids, like a magnetic attraction that not even Wednesday can resist and begins to caress her face and arrange her hair, continues like this for about ten minutes, caressing her face, smoothing her hair, caressing her face and smoothing her hair.

Thing had not been able to resist and from the top of the stairs peeks out, he is tenderhearted by the scene, never had he seen Wednesday attend to someone so thoughtfully, not even her Black Scorpion had been blessed with such a touch.

At one point Enid seemed to invigorate herself slightly and reached out her hand until it brushed against Wednesday's, who in an automatic movement, without even realizing it, intertwined her hand with Enid's. It was such a natural gesture that it terrified her; her hand intertwined with Enid's in such a way that it seemed as natural as breathing. On Wednesday for the first time in her life I feel terror beyond anything.

"Mer.......co.....ledí"

In a faint sigh, Enid utters the name of the girl next to her and this is enough to make the raven turn off her brain, letting go of Wednesday she leans her back against the back of the bed. When Enid wakes up an hour or so later, in her sleep-wake state, she begins to move by dragging herself up to Wednesday and lies on her lap and with her face on her chest, who wraps her arms around her and begins to caress and cradle her until they both return from their sleep-wakefulness to a blissful sleep.

Wednesday is awakened from perhaps the most peaceful and comfortable sleep ever by incessant gurgling.

A sort of yelp comes from her stomach but when she finally decides to open her eyes and look below, she realizes that she is not the source of the noise but rather the little blonde girl who was still dozing on her belly.