Even On Vacation, The Trio Can't Get Too Comfortable

The next morning, Mario's got the biggest smile on his face as he watches his brother wake up.

Luigi stirs, then after sitting up and rubbing his eyes, looks over and says, "Morning, bro."

"Morning." Mario replies.

"Please tell me you weren't just sitting there watching me sleep." Luigi teases.

"So what if I was?" Mario jokes back. "You snore like a bear and fluff like a kitten. How can anyone sleep through that?"

"I don't snore." Luigi runs his hands through his hair. "And I don't have bedhead."

"Oh yes you do." Mario comes right over and starts messing it up, which leads to Luigi trying to bat him away.

"Hey, come on! I just fixed that!" Luigi protests weakly as he keeps smacking Mario's hands away.

"No, you come on!" Mario argues back, throwing a pillow at Luigi's face. "I've gone months without it, so I'm making up for it all right now."

The growl in both their stomachs is finally what makes Mario stop long enough to say, "But I think I can stop long enough to order room service. Want me to get you a smoothie?"

Luigi shakes his head fondly, "Not so fast."

"Traditional spread then?"

"Forget your stomach for a second and get your butt over here." Luigi pats the side of his bed, so Mario obliges, sitting on one end. "Just give me a second to take it all in."

Mario tilts his head in clear confusion, but doesn't comment, as Luigi shakes his head in complete bafflement.

"How could I ever forget you?" Luigi whispers. "Forget us ?"

Then he grabs Mario in a surprise hug, and Mario just lets him, rubbing his back.

Peach, on her end, is making the most of her time away, and is immediately treated to a lavish spread already set out for her, along with a bubble bath already heated and drawn up for her, so she wastes no time hopping in and letting the oils relax her.

Once she's out, she changes into a pink tropical sundress, because why not, and takes her time eating, because she can.

It's the kind of pampering she's never let herself indulge in before, but after everything she's been put through, she can't bring herself to regret a single second.

After a while, the brothers pull away, but Mario speaks up first.

"I love you, bro."

But it looks like Luigi's got something else on his mind, because he says, "Know something? When I first remembered our first adventure in the Mushroom Kingdom, along with everything else, I swear I thought I knew how it would feel to be on an adventure with with you. Leaving our home, going somewhere full of danger and excitement."

Then he looks at Mario, who's listening to everything he's saying very intently.

"Boy was I wrong there. Remembering it, and actually getting to do it, two completely different things. I just realized I'd forgotten how..." he stops, to make sure he says it right. "How happy I am, knowing my big brother still wants me by his side. I love you too, Mar."

"Now's the part where I ask if you know something." Mario pulls his legs off the side so he can cross them. "I think there's not one adventure, not one , that I don't remember. The ones we went on alone, and the ones we did together."