Worst. Wedding Night. EVER!

Nastasia sees Luigi before he greets her.
"What are you doing here?"

"I can't be in the Mushroom Kingdom right now." Luigi says, walking right past her and sitting down.

"Are you alright?"

"Not even a little." Luigi's voice sounds hoarse, and his eyes are red and puffy. "I can't stop crying and I don't wanna be alone. Mario convinced Peach to marry Bowser, and it's all on you."

Nastasia stays as stoic as ever, but Luigi keeps talking, "I went to the castle in a last-ditch effort to stop the wedding, only for the Chancellor to inform me the wedding already happened, performed by the man himself. Right in the throne room where Mario and Peach were supposed to tie the knot after they stopped tiptoeing around each other."

"You're right." Nastasia says finally. "It is all on me. If I hadn't taken over their plan and set Mario up, none of you would be where you are right now. And I know this means nothing now, but I am sorry."

"You're right, that means nothing to me." Luigi says bitterly.

"But take comfort in knowing it isn't permanent." Nastasia offers. "You and your brother know. Peach cares about you both deeply, and you should know by now she can't be persuaded into anything she's not willing to do."

"Doesn't change the fact that I'm the odd one out now." Luigi points out.

"You don't have to be." Nastasia says, leaving Luigi confused.

"What are you saying?"

"You're the Mario Brothers, aren't you?" At Luigi's slow nod, she clarifies, "Well, last I checked, Peach still has her castle. And castles need some TLC, don't they? And if Mario can't do it himself, he'd need to bring his partner in."

Luigi's eyes widen as she goes on, "Sneaking around the castle, doing odd jobs for the princess. Wouldn't be hard, I don't think."

"No..." Luigi says slowly.

"Luigi, listen. Peach may need Mario in the worst way now, but Mario's going to need you more than ever. Instead of coming here after crying your eyes out, you should be wiping your eyes so you can go to the castle, find Mario and tell him he's still your brother, and no matter what happens."

"What, now?" Luigi asks incredulously. "The same night?"

"There is not one doubt in my mind that it's killing him to not have you there." Nastasia says confidently.

Nodding once, Luigi stands and leaves.

As Mario finally leaves Peach's chambers, he hears,

"Marioooooo!"

"Luigi?" Mario ponders as he walks towards the entrance to the castle, then stops when his brother meets him halfway.

"Look, bro, I'm sorry, but your timing couldn't be worse, and Peach just went to bed."

"That's fine, I didn't come for Peach. I'm here for you." Luigi even smiles, which makes what Mario's about to say even harder.

"Lu, you don't understand--"

"No, you don't understand." Luigi cuts him off. "I tried getting hold of you, but you kept declining. Speaking of getting ahold of you, where's Peach's new husband?"

"Where do you think? Parading around town and scaring everyone in sight to celebrate. While Wario's passed out in a guest room from eating a whole wedding cake he forced the cook to make." Mario rolls his eyes.

"Sounds better than the night I've been having." Luigi shrugs. "Puffy eyes are not a good look on me, bro."

"Puffy eyes?" Mario asks, noticing them for the first time. "Were you crying? What happened?"