Iguro Obanai | Broken Apart [Angst] Part 1

Requested by ShaneAngeliLising !

~*~
In the past, you were the last child of the Upper 1, Kokushibo due to surviving a near-death situation between your father that had turned into a demon, trying to save his family. You did have a brother and a mother, though they were deceased in that awful situation.

The smell of blood made you feel sick to your stomach. You felt like puking. Ever since that day, you never saw your father from then on. You lost a bit of the light in your eyes that day as well.

~*~

Many years past as you grow older, slowly forgeting your treacherous past. You decided to join the Demon Slayer Corps, which you've meet Obanai, the Serpent Hashira. First impressions, pretty bland, but you two got along pretty well to the face you both were in a relationship.

You decide to eat inside of the butterfly mansion, nibbling on the light pink color of the dango in your hand. The sweet taste of the dango rather tasted like ash in your mouth. Swallowing the dango down, along with cold water felt like a big stone in your stomach.

You quickly lost your appetite, resting your head on your arm. I hope I'm not sick. You thought concerningly with a small sigh. Something was bothering you throughout the whole day, but you didn't know what yet.

"Miss L/N?" You heard a familiar voice behind you. You slow turned your head to the voice, spotting Tanjiro with his hands behind his back. You blinked at him, letting him speak. You didn't feel like even opening your mouth anymore due to all the energy wasted doing pretty much nothing.

"If you're feeling up to it, would you like to help us sort some leftover dishes?" Tanjiro questioned. "Us..?" You spoke softly as Tanjiro gave a nod. "Us as in me, Zenitsu, and Inosuke. Of course, you don't have to help!" Tanjiro gave a smile. "Oh.. sure." You speak up, lifting your head up.

"Great!" Tanjiro clapped his hands together, eyeing the half eaten food on your tray. You grabbed the tray, wiping the remaining food into the trash can, carrying the tray in both of your hands to help Tanjiro with his task.

You and Tanjiro walk towards an area filled with kitchen wear. You two walk in the room finding multiple shattered pieces of plates on the floor, Zenitsu tried to get a plate out of Inosuke's mouth like a game of tug of war.

Tanjiro paused for a moment, stiffening up before speaking up. The room went silent as Inosuke dropped the plate from his mouth, shattering on to the floor. Inosuke quickly pointed his finger towards Zenitsu, putting the blame on him.

"I- what happened? I left less than a minute ago.." Tanjiro said rather disappointedly with a frown. "It was Muttitsu's fault" Inosuke claimed as Zenitsu paused. "Not at all! Plus, I'm not a dog you stupid pig!" Zenitsu snapped at Inosuke, swatting his hand away.

"Whatcha say?!" Inosuke snapped back, punching Zenitsu's arm forcefully, causing him to flinch and almost stumble to the ground. Finally, Tanjiro stood between the two to break up the fight. You started to space out a bit, lifting your head up a bit and halfway closing your eyes.

You began to worry about Obanai once again, letting out a shaky sigh. As things settle down, all four of you organize the leftover plates that were not completely shattered.

You set one of the plates down on the stack of other plates slowly one by one. Tanjiro glanced over at your direction, setting a glass cup down on a stable surface. "Are you alright, L/N?" Tanjiro asked in a gentle manner, his expression showing concern. You paused your action, giving a slight nod to your head.

Tanjiro frowned. You weren't alright at that moment. Tanjiro picked up the scent of stress around you. "Are you sure?" Tanjiro turned his full body over towards you. "We could talk about it if you'd like." Tanjiro gave a friendly smile as you silently shook your head. "I'm alright. Thank you." You responded in a mutter, continuing to organize the dishes.

After all the dishes were organized, you gave a small bow to leave the room. Walking in the mansion's hallway you stopping your legs, noticing something. Obanai.. doesn't visit that often anymore. Did I do something wrong.. or what if.. You stop your thoughts for a moment, walking towards your room.

You slide your door behind you, sitting on the edge of your bed. He would never.. right? You clenched your eyes tightly, laying on to your bed. Maybe I'm overreacting. You stop your mind from rushing again, resting your head on your pillow to rest your mind and body.

You close your eyes, letting your mind wander off into a peaceful sleep.

~*~
The request was so long I couldn't fit it on here :')

Have a wonderful day!