Shinazugawa Sanemi | Alone [Angst]

Hey, you! Yeah, you

Hey, you! Yeah, you. I can't really do sad angst, but I'll try! Please try to point out any errors I made along the way!

Warning! Spoilers

~*~
"Why. Why would they take away my little brother?"

"You still have me, though.."

"..."

Ever since Sanemi lost his only family member left, Genya, your relationship has been falling apart. It's not just you, it's everyone.

You knock on Sanemi's sliding door, peeking through the little cracks. Everything was dark, except for the whiteness of Sanemi's hair. He didn't even bother to get up or speak.

"Sanemi?" You spoke in a questionable tone, knocking once more. About a few minutes of knocking and staring, you took a breath. "I'm coming in." You warn him in a calm manner.

You felt empathy for everyone, hearing the news made your heart ache, though Sanemi's hurting even more. He saw his own brother perish with his two eyes.

You slid the door open, walking into Sanemi's room. You closed the door behind yourself, standing in front of him. Sanemi let out a slightly annoyed exhale, turning to the other side of the bed.

"It's been two weeks, Sanemi. I'm worried." You paused, sitting down on the edge of the bed. "Please, can you try to forget about this? I know it hurts but you have to keep moving forward." You tap his foot gently with a smile.

Sanemi let out a grumble. "So I can lose more people? Yeah, no." Sanemi replied as you frowned. Sanemi sat up, lifting his head up for a while. "Look." Sanemi got your attention. "I don't want to lose you, so.." Sanemi paused, eyeing the floor.

You knew exactly what was going through his mind at that moment. You shook your head quickly, speaking before he did. "Sanemi, don't retire. Not to this."

Sanemi's personality changed around you. And only you. You two are in a relationship at this time, meaning you're trying your best not for it to break.

"I just." Sanemi stopped, catching his emotions. "I don't want to be alone." Sanemi rubbing his face, small tears escaping and running down the sides of his face.

You quickly got up, wrapping your arms around Sanemi, giving him a big bear hug. "You won't, Sanemi. You have me." You said, squeezing his torso a bit. Sanemi didn't reply to that statement, only hugging you back a bit.

~*~

Days went by as you check on Sanemi. But this day was different. You open Sanemi's door like usual, but you paused, looking at the ground in fear.

"Sanemi?!" You yelled a bit, finding him on the ground, red stains on the floor, as he was covered in blood. He had one scalpel in hand as his head shot over to your direction. The open cut from his arm was leaking blood. Tears seeped from his eyes as he continued making deeper cuts on himself.

You quickly ran over to stop his poor action, snatching the scalpel out of his hand. "Sanemi! What are you doing?!" You questioned in a frantic panic, as you saw the regret and fear in his eyes.

"If I can't live with Genya. I'll join him." Sanemi said with a mutter. You gasped for air, the room reeked with blood, everywhere. "Sanemi.. please don't do this to yourself. Genya's in a better place, don't blame yourself for this." You forced yourself to sit beside him in the puddle of blood, though your body refused.

Sanemi didn't look so well with all the blood seeping out from his deep cuts he made. Looked a bit dizzy, coughing due to this blood loss. "Sanemi? I'll go get help. Please, hang in there." You told him with a nod, running out of his room. The blood stained your clothes, meaning it'll be a pain washing them.

Running into the area of the mansion were Shinobu mostly spends her days at, you quickly spot her. You grab the thick piece of wood by the doorway, catching your breath. Shinobu was treating another patient at the time. You spat out quickly about what was happening, getting her full attention.

You both run into Sanemi's room again, letting Shinobu go in first. You looked at Sanemi from afar in disappointment and worry. Why would he go this far.. You let out a shaky exhale, watching the Insect Pillar at work.

Seconds turned to minutes, making you even more concerned. Shinobu stepped out Sanemi's room, glancing at you. "What? What happened? Is Sanemi alright?" You question, almost choking on your words.

"Afraid not. Shinazugawa's blood work was too low to be treated on." Shinobu responded, dipping her head down. "No. No, no, no!" You huffed, rushing into Sanemi's room.

There he was. Sanemi. Lying on the ground unresponsive. You nudge him with force. No response. Everything you possibly tried, he was unresponsive. You let in a small inhale from your mouth, tears falling onto the ground. "He's gone.. he's gone..." You muttered under your sobs. You rubbed your face with your hands disappointedly.

Sanemi. You got what you wanted.
You can go with Genya now.

But, I never got what I wanted...

...Why?

~*~
IM SORRY EVERYONE-
Poor Sanemi 😭✋

I'm hurting and I'm the writer.

Have a great day!