Akaza | Paired Lovers [Angst..?]

Thank you for the request!

~*~
You take a calm stroll through the woods. The weather was decent, not too hot nor cold during the dusk hours.

You pause, noticing a bright yellow color of eyes landed on you. You narrow your eyes a bit, tapping the tip of your katana.

When you could see the appearance of the figure, you quickly found out the figure wasn't a human. You hesitated, preparing yourself for an attack.

The demon appeared to look like an male with short pink hair with dark blue stripes. He grasped the tree bark, pulling himself up to sit and stare from below.

You relaxed your body for a bit as your eyes widened. Wow, he's talented. You stared at the demon for a while, before catching your action. You inhale, deicing to speak.

"You there. What's your name?" You ask out of nowhere, pointing your finger at the striped demon with a squint to your eyes. The striped demon climbed down the tree, shaking one of his hands against the air.

"Akaza." The striped demon replied with a calm tone of voice, keeping his distance as he eyed your katana. That's a great name for a demon. A slight exhale exited through your teeth. "You are?" Akaza questioned with a narrow to his eyes.

"Y/N." You muttered, introducing yourself as you tapped your katana again. You caused Akaza to back away a bit. Why is he not attacking me? Isn't he a demon? You thought, looking at his appearance once more. You deicide to say your thought out loud.

"I don't fight women." Akaza said with a slight nod, crouching down to your level, due to your height. You huff, flicking his face. "Stop that." You say with a slight smile on your face. "Hey, can you keep a secret, Akaza?" You question, getting his attention.

~*~

You both keep a secret from others as you two hang out and visit each other almost everyday. No one suspected this at the time.

One day, something a little different had occurred.

A few days has gone by as you don't find Akaza anymore. You suspected he was already dead though you did read his rank in his eyes.

You decide to stay at the exact same spot you both meet up at everyday at dusk hours. When dawn rose, you went back to your daily life, since Akaza wouldn't appear in broad daylight.

Another night of you sitting there by yourself, your crow swooped down, laying on your lap, a bit teary. You rub their crow feathers, comforting them. "What's wrong? Is everything alright?" You question as your crow lifted their head, shaking side to side. "It's about Rengoku.." Your crow paused, dipping his head down. "He passed... to an uppermoon."

You paused. "No, that can't be.. an uppermoon? What number?!" You pick your crow up, hugging them softly. They didn't reply. Tears escaped your eyes as you let out soft sobs. A rustle was heard nearby. Your crow flew away, taking a glance at you before fleeing the scene.

Eventually, Akaza appeared again. You quickly wipe your tears, putting a smile on your face. You turned your body to spot the striped demon that was a bit worn out at that moment. "Oh..! Hello, Akaza..!" You gave a soft smile. "Hello, Y/N." Akaza said with a faint smile, sitting down next to you.

"Where were you all these days?" You nudge him on the side of his arm. Akaza paused, a slight tremble reaching his body. "Just some business, you know." Akaza quickly replied.

"Hey, what's wrong, Y/N?" Akaza changed the subject, tapping you on the arm. "Oh, nothing." You sniffled. "It's just.. some horrible uppermoon took my friend's life away." You shrugged. "I'm okay, though."

Akaza dipped his head a bit. "Oh." He cleared his throat. "Y/N I.. have something to tell you." Akaza got your attention as you wiped your leftover tears with your hands.

"When I first laid eyes on you, I have this feeling I can't express easily." Akaza paused, glancing at you for a second. "I love you, Y/N. I do, as a demon too." Akaza said with a smile, along with a faint blush as you copied.

"Oh!" You paused, your eyes widened a bit. "I do feel the same way about you too, it sounds weird, since we're slayer and demon, together." You said with a small chuckle.

You look away for a second before throwing your arms around his back, giving him a bonding hug. "I love you too, Akaza." You mutter, hugging him with a tight grasp.

Akaza hugged you back with hesitation at first. "Thank goodness." Akaza said under his breath.

This hug felt amazing. It didn't even care if you two were rivals or not. You were lovers.

Paired lovers.

~*~
Fingers are crumbling, but it's worth it! Hope you enjoyed!

Have a great day!