Iguro Obanai | I'll Protect You

"OBANAI!" You'd yell in complete fear and panic as the demon sinked his claws into the Serpent Pillar's back.

The pain.

The absolute agony.

The unimaginable.

When your own lover is in trouble or even harmed.

You clench your chest. It feels like you can't move one bit. You'd take small, sharp breaths, eventually remembering how to actually breathe.

~*~

"Obanai?" You'd call his name, hugging the tree bark as you looked up towards the sky with a squint, trying to find him.

"What." He'd say bluntly, furrowing a brow. You turned around with a smile. "Theeeere you are!"

Obanai blinked with slight confusion. "So, why am I talking to you..?" The Serpent Pillar questioned, crossing his arms.

You walked up to him, standing beside the pillar. Obanai's eyes darted straight at you. You picked with his black, short hair with a faint blush.

"This is what you wanted to do..?" Obanai let out a small exhale, narrowing his eyes at your hand. He'd move his head slightly to the side.

"Nooo, I just wanted to do that! But really..." You pause, looking down at the ground.

There was about a moment of silence between you and the Serpent Pillar before you lifted your head, looking at him straight in the eyes. He'd look back, slightly raising a brow.

"Obanai, I love you!" You'd smile, tilting your body a little. Obanai paused. No reply from him. You'd eye his snake, Kaburamaru. He even gave you a slight look of shock.

"Oh." The Serpent Pillar finally replied. You spotted a light pink under his white, strapped up mask as he eyed the ground.

You'd hug his arm gently, causing him to flinch a little. "I'll try to protect you. At all costs." You'd whisper in his ear.

Obanai let out the smallest snort. "And who's the pillar here?" Obanai gave a small shake to your head before walking away.

You let him go, feeling ever so better about him and yourself.

I'll protect you. No matter what.

~*~ Flashback End ~*~

You always had a very strong desire for Obanai. Your heart flutters like a butterfly or a hummingbird everytime your around him. Obanai does love you back, though, he's good at trying to keep it secret.

But, seeing your lover hurt like this. Fills you with rage. So much rage that it takes over your body completely.

You move without thinking, the only objectives is the behead the demon and carry Obanai to safety. You lift your sword, cutting it's arm before they fled a bit.

I'll protect you. The thought kept echoing in your head as the dreaded fight kept going on. You stood in front of the Serpent Pillar, inhaling through your teeth sharply.

You quickly realized what your doing is basically insane. But, you're a Demon Slayer. Your supposed to put your life on the line for others. You grasp your sword handle with a good grasp, tempting the behead the demon once more.

Obanai lifted his head, followed by his body weakly. "Y/N..!" He'd call your name with concern in his voice.

You heard his voice. You felt like stopping, but this wasn't a dream. You wanted it to be a dream, really badly. You let out a shaky exhale through your mouth, narrowing your eyes.

"Y/N! Get out of here! You're going to get killed!" Obanai yelled, struggling to get up.

The pain your going through, just for your lover. Your doing this for the world's sake of course, but all you could think about is Obanai and surviving.

You regretted this action you took. This was risky for your body's sake before it shutted down completely. It was almost on the urge to doing that. You felt your limbs going numb as you made fast, violent turns with your body.

Obanai pushed you out the way, making you stumble back a bit, out of the fight scene. It took you awhile to notice your body was harmed badly. No more strength. Not even to grasp your sword.

You weren't a pillar, but hanging out with a pillar yourself, pretty much improved your swordsmanship.

"Obanai..!" You'd call out his name with panic building up on your body. You'd suddenly gasp for air, clenching your hands as fatigue entered your body causing it to ache.

The last thing heard was the sharp, satisfying swipe of the sword Obanai used to behead the demon. The head fell right beside you, causing you to flinch. Obanai walked over to you in help of need.

"Who's the one protecting you now?" Obanai snorted a bit, helping you up on your feet.

"Obanai I-" You'd pause, looking at him with huge relief. Tears filled your eyes, eventually escaping as they dropped on your hands.

"Waaah! I was so worried!!" You'd hug him with a grasp, stuffing your face against his shoulder as tears ran down your face. Kaburamaru slithered around Obanai's neck loosely, eyeing you.

You'd lift your head up from the Serpent Pillar's shoulder, inhaling before you spoke again. "I'm sorry I didn't protect you... I-"

You were cut off by Obanai as he gave a quick, but desiring kiss on your lips. Almost in a blink of an eye, you started to feel your face heat up, blushing like crazy as your body shook uncontrollably.

Obanai put his finger on your lips, blushing along with you. "..I love you too." Obanai muttered under his breath, wrapping his hand against your hand. You gave the biggest smile towards him, giving him a hug once again.

~*~
Writing all these fluffs... Kinda makes me emotional. I dunno, I'm weird.

Have a great day!