27: Lazuline's Heir

En başından başla

"You'll be serving her, she should know." He said to Quinn. Quinn pouted and mumbled something only he can hear. Quinn and Cassius must be quite close since he's acting like he is one of Cassius' friends rather than a subordinate.

"An information guild?" I asked. I knew some information guild. There are only twenty of them all over the world. The top is the Lazuline guild.

"Yes, and it's the Lazuline Guild." My eyes widened at what he said.

"Lazuline? THE LAZULINE?!" I looked at Cassius and then at Quinn to which he nodded.

"The guild master is my grandmother." Quinn said. Now this is a major reveal. No wonder Quinn was surprised when Cassius said that Quinn is one of the branch heads of an information guild.

The guild master and all of its members are unknown. They only use an alias and genders are also unknown. If you want some information from them, you have to bring a lapis lazuli to a location that is not fixed. The informant covers their whole body in a navy blue cloak, black gloves on their hands, and a silver mask with a lapis lazuli stone at the center forehead part of the mask. They also have a lapis lazuli earring on the left with their guild symbol engraved on it.

There is no information that they can't get for their clients. Even if that information can destroy a country, they would definitely deliver it to their clients. Only if they could pay. The price is twice as much as the weight of the information they give. For example, if the information is regarding a billion-dollar company, the client would have to pay twice the amount of that said company. And if it is a person, the minimum should be one million.

Their prices are crazy as fuck but it was all worth it since their information is very credible. Not just anyone can get information from them. Even I can't make contact with them.

"So you being a doctor is a front?" I asked Quinn.

"Of course not. I really am a certified doctor. Me being the head of one of the branches is involuntary. It was the condition I get for pursuing doctor instead of inheriting the family business." He said. Asian parents would definitely adopt this guy.

"Well enough about me. This picture here is actually a sketch my grandfather took and somehow, even though it's blurry, the girl resembles you a bit." Quinn said and Cassius looked at the picture as well.

"He's right. It resembles you." Cassius said while his gaze is still on the picture.

"That's impossible. Your grandfather saw this centuries ago and I was born like what? A couple of years ago?" I said.

"I didn't say that it's you. I just said that she resembles you. She's probably related to you. Like an ancestor." Quinn pointed out. Now that really makes sense. How could I have thought that the girl was me?

'She could be.' Rain suddenly spoke.

'Then what are you gonna say next? That I'm Adaya's daughter? You know that's impossible.' I told it but it didn't reply.

"I really don't know. I mean, my mom is very secretive about her family line and I never asked about it since it was a very sensitive topic." I told him. I did ask Mom one time, but it didn't end well because I was being stubborn.

"Then...should I dig a little deeper about your background?" He asked excitedly but then cowered when Cassius released his bloodlust. I held Cassius' hand and rubbed soothing circles to calm him down.

"Well, if you can then it would be really helpful. But I doubt you'll find one. Been searching for years but found nothing." I told him. I did ask a lot of information guild but they weren't able to do so. When Quinn got my full consent he became delighted, almost forgetting a very angry Cassius beside me.