•𝒮ℴ𝓂ℯ𝒷ℴ𝒹𝓎 ℐ 𝓊𝓈ℯ𝒹 𝓉ℴ 𝓀𝓃ℴ𝓌•

Start from the beginning

"You used me today. And I thought that friends don't manipulate friends," he used what I had told him in Isobel's office against me. "You and Katherine have a lot more in common than just your looks," he accused me and left offended.
I stood there for another while and watched him leave. I thought I was the hurt one, but now it felt like the positions changed and I was the one, who hurt him. Did he really say that? I wasn't like Katherine, was I?
I walked up into my bedroom and immediately headed into the bathroom.
I stared on my reflection in the mirror with hatred. I hated that I looked like her. Longer I was standing there leaning against the wash basin and looking at the face that was staring back at me, the more I was loosing myself. Even though the reflexion of that person there looked familiar, it was a completely different person. It was her. Then I heard Damon's words again, "You and Katherine have a lot more in common than just your looks." Isobel's as well, "But you, Georgie, you are Katherine." I heard even Katherine herself, "Look at you, you're just like me. You know it. There's nothing you can do about it."

I breathed heavily and ran my hands through my hair.

"You are not her," I repeated over and over again as I paced around the bathroom. Anger and sadness took power over me. I had never felt this way. I looked at Katherine's reflexion into the mirror and screamed. I shoved down all the things that were placed on the wash basin; creams, make-up, deodorant, hairbrush, soap, and screamed and yelled and cried. I collapsed to the ground in tears and pulled my knees to my chest.

"OMG, Georgie! What happened?" James walked in with terrified expression on his face. I looked up to him with puffy red eyes from tears, which were still rolling in streams down my cheeks. "Am I her?"

"What?" he asked clueless.

"Am I a bad friend? Am I a bad person?"

"No," James walked over to me and sat next to me, "you're not a bad friend, G. And you're not a bad person either."

"Are you lying?"

"I'm not," he said worried. I didn't say more. I rested my head into his lap. I needed him to comfort me. Without another questions, he was caressing my hair until I fall asleep.

---------☀️---------

"You like him, don't you?" James asked me and sipped his drink. We were in the Grill, because I needed to get out. And also because I needed to do some work for school, which I had been neglecting lately. James knew that and he wanted to keep me a company. I would prefer to be alone, but he was about to leave soon again, so I didn't want to waste this time being alone and depressed. Instead, I could be depressed with him.

"I don't. He killed Jeremy and lied to me and practically called me Katherine. I'm nothing like her," I answered and filled another empty box in the exercise.

"He might have. But he's hot and your type and though he's maybe an ass, there is something you like about him." I picked up my head and looked at him angrily, "No! He's not hot and I don't like him! Did you forget the event last night?"

"People who love each other fight sometimes. That's normal," James smiled innocently. I hit with my hands to the table frustratedly and leaned on my elbows. "And is it normal that they're killing your siblings and calling you their crazy, bitchy ex girlfriend?"

"Okay, fine. That was probably too much on you. But-"

"James, don't," I stopped him from saying more and turned the page to find the informations I needed. I couldn't find the answer to that one certain question. It was so annoying. How was I supposed to know which animal has three eyelids? I looked up to ask James about it, but didn't get a chance at all. Damon approached us and sat next to James. I gave him a dead stare. Meanwhile he was smiling at me like if everything was perfectly fine. No. Nothing was perfect. Everything was a huge mess and disappointment.

"I'll be at the bar," James informed, eyed Damon curiously and gave me an encouraging smile. Traitor. He knew how I felt and he left me there with equanimity. Just like that.

"What do you want?" I asked him annoyed.

"So this is where you spend your time, when you're not stabbing people in the back," he looked around the Grill. I closed the book and pack up my things.

"You know what, Damon, stop acting like you're the one who's hurt." I gave him a fake smile and got up to leave.

"Where are you going?" he asked.

"Home, I want nothing to do with you."

"Okay," he replied calmly, "see you at Jenna's barbecue." I stopped in my tracks. What did he just say? That wasn't happening. He wasn't coming.

"How did you know about Jenna's barbecue?"

"It was my idea," he said proudly. "Jenna went to high school with Mason Lockwood," he scoffed, "so I figured a social gathering would be a good way to know the guy." Great, happy to hear that. I was sure Jenna even didn't know he was coming. She wasn't exactly a fan of his.

---------☀️---------

I sat by my desk in my room and tried to ignore the noise from downstairs. It seemed like everyone had so much fun. Except me. Jeremy was somewhere off; didn't know where. And El and Care had left. They had went to Stefan.
      Even James was downstairs and played that charade with Damon. It almost looked like he wanted to be part of this supernatural stuff. He was so interested in it. And the way he was convincing me to forgive Damon. I wouldn't be surprised if he let Damon turn him into a vampire one day. Like it was something special. Something to be enthusiastic about. What should be probably exciting about biting someone into neck and sucking their blood.

I was walking down the stairs and stopped on the last one. Jenna and Alaric were saying goodbye to Mason. He looked up at me, "Ah, Georgie, right? I actually hoped to spend some time with you here and get to know my nephew's girl." He smiled at me charmingly.

"Ex girl, but yeah. It's better you didn't get the chance today." Jenna gave me a parental look, which told me to act nice. I got it. She went with him to high school and he was probably a good guy, but I really didn't care at the moment.

"Oh, you know, I should probably head out too," Damon walked in.

"Finally!" I sighed. "Does it mean I can calmly watch TV now?" I jumped off the last step and slipped through the gap between Jenna and Alaric. I ignored Damon's eyes on me and walked right to the couch. I slid down next to James and turn on the TV. Neither of us said a word. We sat there in silence. Like we wouldn't have anything to say to each other. However, I felt his eyes on me.
Most of the time I watched TV with Jeremy. We would sit there and eat popcorn watching our favorite TV shows and movies. That was our favorite thing to do together.

---------☀️---------

"Can't believe Tyler Lockwood is a werewolf," Jeremy said behind me, while I was brushing my hair.

"We're not sure about that yet. Everything we know for sure is that Mason Lockwood is," I turned around to face him. Damon, Alaric and James had made sure about that at Jenna's barbecue.

"Should be easy enough for us to figure it out," Jeremy said and I looked at him confused. Did he say us?

"What do you mean by us? Jeremy, just stay out of this. I don't want you to get hurt. I mean, Damon has already killed you and if you didn't have this –"

"Ring?" he was waving with his hand in front of my face. I took his wrist to stop him from it, because it was really annoying, "Yes."

"You know, this is exactly why I am in," he smiled at me like it all would be fine. "Besides, I have to protect you."

"Really?"

"Yeah," he laughed with me.

"Fine then, we will figure it out."

---------☀️---------

Author's note: Hi, what do you say on Georgie's breakdown?
I just love this chapter and I don't even know why. It's just amazing.
Hope you feel the same way.

Zie