23: Boom Boom: Identity Doom!

-ALL IP GO TO THEIR RESPECTIVE OWNERS-
-MADE FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES-

If you're aware of Chapter 19: the reminder you normally see in other chapters will no longer be present, well, fully. I won't give a whole block about it. But I'll summarize it here: I recommend to read the former chapters, otherwise !SPOILERS! for the story if you're not aware of details or not kept up! Otherwise, Enjoy!

The raid of the villains has succeeded. Lancelot faces off with Sans in the campspot, whilst Sans tells Mario and Sonic to split off and face their enemies to minimize campspot damage. Sans successfully defeated Lancelot, however, the heroes have another foe to worry about....

Mario and Boom Boom face off with Bowser...
While Sonic takes the stage with King Arthur....

Bowser roars anger while Mario and Boom Boom escape from his radius...

Bowser: GIMME BACK MY SOLDIER!

As Bowser roars in anger, Mario swiftly lands away from Bowser's incoming stomp, leaving Boom Boom in air left to brace the impact.

Mario: Seems like your-a up to no good again!

Mario cont•: If you want your-a soldier back, you can have em'!

Boom Boom is left speechless on the floor. His anxiety finally catches up to him in this moment of confrontation.

Boom Boom: Well, here it is. What do I say to him? How do I explain this to him??? What do I do?

Boom Boom then remembers to what Sonic said to him.

"Crack a smile and flow through the motions."

Boom Boom: I just can't just smile at him. But flow through the motions...

Mario then notices Boom Boom's sudden sharp and brave demeanor. He breathes in, knowing this moment is his chance, he then says...

"I...don't want be a soldier. I don't want to be disposable. That's what happened with Pom Pom. I don't want to be known for just my placement in a castle....Your Maje- Bowser. Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm out of your castle.