Chapter 18: All Responsible Parties

Arthit didn't have time to confront Kongpob.
There was still too much left to do. 

They left the office in the wee hours of the morning, only to return on time to continue sorting through the mess P'John had made. The first batch of new supplies arrived just as the factory re-opened giving the entire production staff more than enough to do to give a damn about anything else.

Arthit told himself he didn't want to interrupt Kongpob. The procurement team still had plenty of their own work to do. He couldn't just leave his office to go in search of his mate. 

It didn't help that, in addition to his normal workload, he'd been put in charge of getting the contracts with both Piti Panich Factory and Siam Polymer Group confirmed and signed. Arthit needed to be there to make sure everything went smoothly. 

There was also the matter of finding enough evidence in the purchase order to paint a clear picture of what had gone wrong.

He was very busy.
It was a good excuse.

Arthit had to make a full circuit through the major departments to finalize the details of the contracts. Legal had drawn up a standard supply contract, procurement had attached the specifications, production had attached their confirmed QC results and accounting had made out the cheques before Alpha Piroj signed them.

How had P'John managed to circumvent so many checks and balances if nothing could be done alone?

Any sleuthing he might have done was cut short when Alpha Panich arrived at Ocean Electric. He didn't have time to sit down after the first meeting when he was informed that the SPG representative had arrived. Expecting to see one of the many workers, he was shocked to find Kongpob's father waiting for him.

"I hope everything is as you expected," Alpha Kerkkrai said to Arthit when they met in the boardroom.

"Yes, we just received the first batch, and QC already gave production the go-ahead. Thank you."

Arthit couldn't help staring at his mate's father. Wondering what he knew about his parents and what had precipitated their meeting. He wanted to ask about it but he didn't think he should talk to the father before he spoke to the son.

"Good, good. I'm glad. There's something you wanted me to sign?"

Remembering himself, Arthit pushed the sheaf of papers towards the alpha. He indicated which parts needed his signature. It was a testament to Alpha Kerkkrai's faith in him that he didn't bother reading it. When he was done signing and initialling the pages, Arthit pulled the deposit cheque attached to the last page, placed it in an envelope and handed it over.

"Thank you," he said one more time but it wasn't enough to convey just how grateful he was.

"Can I trouble you to take me to see Kongpob?" Alpha Kerkkrai asked, taking Arthit by surprise.

"Of course."

Arthit stood up and waited until Alpha Kerkkrai crossed the room. He led the way to the production department. Arthit didn't know what level of deference was needed when interacting with Alpha Kerkkrai at Ocean Electric. Was this his boyfriend's father, the head of SPG, or the alpha of the Siam pack?

"You must know he's here because of you," Alpha Kerkkrai said conversationally while Arthit tried to both lead and follow the older man. "Even though he should be working at Siam Polymer Group, he is here, helping out the competition. I should be very angry with both of you."

"He never said anything to me," Arthit said, but it was not enough to convey what he really felt.

"It's his way. He does whatever is needed. It is his greatest quality and his worst flaw." Alpha Kerkkrai said with a rueful shake of his head.