Chapter 4: All for His Mate

[Author's note: this isn't in the same order as the original but it needed to happen here for other things to make sense.]

"What are you doing here," Arthit asked through clenched teeth.

"I came to take you home. I thought we could hang out."

Arthit tried not to look around suspiciously but Kongpob noticed his furtive glances immediately. "Is something that matter?"

"You shouldn't be here."

Why not? Is there something you're keeping from me? The question had no emotion behind it. Scary.

Arthit didn't want to answer and he prayed this wasn't one of the times his mind betrayed him and projected everything he was thinking to Kongpob. He waited. Relieved when nothing happened.

"Nothing. We should go."

Arthit?

No. This was not a good time for Kongpob's wolf to get a say but it was already too late. Kongpob was fighting his wolf and he didn't look like he was interested in winning. Arthit knew he had to do something to stop his mate from shifting in broad daylight. Spotting a secluded area next to the building, he drew Kongpob into it, crooning and soothing in the hope that his mate would hear him.

What are you hiding?

"I'm not hiding anything. I just need you to..." He nearly said Control yourself.

Instead, he reached for Kongpob, the soft hair of his werewolf form tickling his palms, and kissed him hard. The reaction was immediate. Kongpob lifted him off the ground and pinned him to the wall. Arthit wrapped his legs around him but he didn't need it—Kongpob could hold him up with ease.

But just like Arthit hoped, Kongpob's wolf gave in to his control and he was in the embrace of his very human mate. Only he didn't seem to want to stop. Unless Arthit did something fast, he wouldn't have to deal with people knowing Kongpob was a wolf, he'd have to deal with the police for indecent exposure.

Pulling away, he tried to catch his breath only for his mate to kiss his neck and start another round of hyperventilating.

"Come with me tomorrow," he said through pants that made him sound like he was doing heavy manual labour.

I can come with you now.

Arthit shuddered at the thought. Part of him was desperate to find out what Kongpob could do and the other part was utterly terrified that he would do it. No. No. No. We will get caught and...we can't.

"It was your suggestion."

"I meant...come with me on the site visit tomorrow," he clarified even though Kongpob didn't stop trying to melt his brain with kisses. "P'Earth is taking me to see one of the factories. You can see for yourself. Please..."

Okay. Okay.

Arthit whimpered involuntarily. It was the first time he'd heard both voices at the same time. He'd never put much stock in Kongpob's assertion that he and his wolf were separate but he had proof. What was that?

I was agreeing with you.

Agreeing with him seemed to mean something different for Kongpob than Arthit because while he was still trying to calm down enough to function, Kongpob had straightened both their clothes, smoothed down Arthit's hair and kissed him soundly. He took Arthit by the hand and led him back to the scooter. Arthit didn't remember the journey home. Only when Kongpob unsnapped his helmet did he feel like himself again.