Chapter 17

Danny finished his shift and was now home. He was relieved that she got arrested, now she wouldn't be bothering him. He then went to her contact and blocked her number, it was over. He can't believe he didn't see how crazy she was. The next day the CPS worker stopped by and did her usual routine questions and such. Of course asking how he got the cuts and bruises. Danny of course lied about what happened and than she looked over Amelia making sure she didn't have any bruises which she didn't. Danny would make himself a bloody mess before Amelia got injured.

Once she left, Danny got a phone call from an unknown number but under the number it said the towns jail. Danny sighed and went into his bedroom and closed the door behind him and answered the phone call.

"An inmate from Oak Creek County Jail is trying to contact you, to accept the call please press 1." Danny sighed and pressed 1, immediately regretting his decision.

"Danny! You answered, I knew you still loved me."

"Why are you calling me."

"They gave me one phone call, could you bail me out? I promise it wont happen again."

"Why are you calling me? Why wouldn't you call your mother?"

"I tried but she wont bail me out, they said I could get one more phone call, please."

Danny wondered why her mother didn't bail her out, maybe she knew how crazy she was.

"You wasted this call." He hung up and held his head in frustration. He then walked out of his bedroom and sat down on the couch. Amelia was in the living room as well sitting on the chair.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"Crazy bitch thought I'd bail her out of jail."

Amelia couldn't help but laugh a lot. "Seriously? She's crazy and stupid."

Danny chuckled with her. "Yeah she really is." He felt his phone vibrate and Connie sent a picture.

'Look at my cat as a cartoon! Do you like animals? I thought a cute picture would make you smile, I hope you're doing okay

'Look at my cat as a cartoon! Do you like animals? I thought a cute picture would make you smile, I hope you're doing okay.' Danny sighed at his phone and didn't answer her. 

"Whos texting you?" She asked.

"My friend from work." 

"Why didn't you answer?" 

"I'm not getting involved with anymore women." 

"Danny, just cause your ex is crazy doesn't mean every girl is, and besides, you guys are just friends." 

"Yeah but I don't need that right now, I don't want to even think about other girls." He sighed and felt his phone vibrate again. 

Unknown Caller

Danny sighed, he hoped it wasn't Marissa but than it would have said jail, there's no way she got out already.

"Hello?" 

"Hi is this Danny?"

"Yes, whos calling?"

"My names Coral.. I'm Marissa's mother.."

Danny sighed and rubbed his head. "Great, why are you calling me now? I'm not bailing your daughter out and I'm not sorry she's in jail."

"Oh no! Trust me she deserves to be in jail." 

"What? Oh.. Okay.. Than why are you calling me?" He asked.

"I just wanted to meet you and apologize about my daughters behavior.. And just about her background.. Since you don't know about it.." 

Danny sighed. "Look I appreciate it, but I really don't care to know about her past, I just want to move forward." 

"I understand that, but it is important to know.." 

Danny sighed. "Alright fine, well meet at a café, or are you a stalker like your daughter?"

"I'm nothing like my daughter, trust me." 

"I'm holding you to that, Café downtown." He immediately hung up.

"You're seriously going to meet her psycho mother?" 

"I just want this over with and maybe meeting with her mother will be the last of it." He sighed and walked out the front door and drove to the café.

Danny sat down at the café with a coffee drink in between his hands, he was holding it for warmth. He didn't know what this lady looked like so he didn't even know who he was waiting for. He was sitting in the back of the café so he could see everyone walking in and so no one would sneak up behind him. A lady than walked in and looked around the café until she looked at him. "Danny?" She asked and he nodded. 

"My daughter told me your name, that's how I know." She took a seat in front of him. She looked like an older version of Marissa which made him feel uncomfortable. She had blonde hair that was darker and wore a long purple dress that was way to big. She was also wearing sun glasses that she took off and put on the table. Her eye color was a darker blue than Marissa's and definitely no craziness seen in them, but who knows. He didn't notice crazy in Marissa when he first met her. 

"Thank you for meeting me, I just want to say how sorry I am for what my daughter put you through. I didn't know she was seeing anyone, if I knew I would have warned you about her." 

Danny sighed. "So what's wrong with her? Is there a reasoning behind her craziness?" He asked.

"Well really no, she got diagnosed with bi polar disorder when she was young, but even as a child she acted out, violently. She was very good at getting her way, manipulating people, especially men. But when things went wrong, or her illness came out it made things worse. She never takes her medicine and she should." 

Danny sighed. He felt bad that she has an illness but not to bad, it doesn't excuse her behavior. 

"When we first started talking.. She told me she moved here.. Did you guys move because she did something crazy?" He asked.

She nodded. "We've moved more than once, a bunch of times, trying to find her a therapist to help her, she was in mental hospitals a bunch of times, but like I said, she was good at getting her way. The last move we did which made us come here.. She was in jail and they sent us here for her to see a doctor, which obviously didn't work."

"What did she do that got her sent to jail?" He asked. 

She sighed and reached into her purse and grabbed the news article about it. 

'Female stabs boyfriend multiple times and acts like nothing happened' was the headline. Danny's heart sunk to his stomach. "Stabbed.." He mumbled and continued to read the article, he felt sick to his stomach. 

"Yeah.. She didn't call 911 or anything.. They found her and him on the couch watching a movie, well only she was watching it clearly.. I found her.. And him.. And I called 911.." 

"Jesus Christ.." He mumbled. "That's why you didn't bail her out today.."

"Exactly, she needs to be locked away, maybe she'll get her help in there. They're going to find her records of the previous jail time so she'll be in there for a very very long time." 

Danny sighed, he hoped that was true. She than stood up and grabbed the article and shoved it back in her purse. "Thank you again for meeting me, and talking about this, I just wanted to let you know everything." She walked towards the exit. "Take care of yourself Danny." She called out and walked out of the building.