Chapter 4

Danny has his job interview today and Amelia had to go back to school. The first day going back without parents which was definitely going to be hard. Danny put on a blue button up shirt and black pants and brushed his hair, trying to make himself look professional.

Amelia wore a blue blouse that had long sleeves and blue ripped jeans, she didn't bother putting makeup on, she usually did it at school anyways since she was always to tired in the morning.

Danny finished getting ready and started making them breakfast, not sure if she was still pissed at him or if she wanted to eat. He made some toast with some eggs, nothing fancy. He put the two plates down on the table and poured her a glass of orange juice. Danny made himself some coffee which was definitely needed.

Danny heard her open the bedroom door which made him turn around. "Hey.. I made you some breakfast, in case you were hungry." He offered. Amelia walked towards the front door but stopped in her tracks letting out a small sigh. She didn't want to eat the breakfast but he made it for her, she didn't want to be rude. She put her backpack down by the front door and sat down at the kitchen table.

"You didn't have to make anything."

"Like I said, I'm going to."

They both sat down and ate their food in silence. The only sounds that was heard was them quietly chewing and their forks hitting the plate. They occasionally heard cars passing their road. They didn't have a busy street but it wasn't dead either so hearing cars and people happened every now and again. After a good amount of silence Danny let a small sigh fall out of his lips. "Look.. I'm sorry about yesterday, I know how you're feeling and I didn't mean to come off rude or whatever, I just don't want you worrying about work, school is important and I want you to graduate and be successful."

Amelia sighed. "I get it, but I should be able to make my own decisions."

Danny sat their in silence for a few moments. "How about a compromise? If you want to work so bad maybe a part time job during the weekend? So than you can focus on school during the week and then the weekend you can do whatever you want."

Amelia sat there for a moment thinking about that idea. She still didn't want to go to school but as of right now maybe this was the best option. She didn't want to aggravate him and make him go back on his decision of no job. "I guess we can start with that.. Thank you" She gave a small grin and took a sip of her orange juice. Danny smiled a bit as well just feeling relief that they were on good terms for now and that he could make her somewhat happy. Danny checked the time on his watch. "Did you want me to drive you to school or take the bus?" He asked.

"Don't you have to go on the interview?" She asked.

"Yeah but I have time to drive you."

"Thanks, but I'll take the bus, it should be here any minute."

Danny nodded and finished his food and started cleaning everything up. Amelia finished her juice and helped him clean as well. As soon as she finished helping she heard the bus approaching, perfect timing. "There's the bus, I'll see you later" She called out and grabbed her backpack.

"Have a good day!" He called out and she then closed the door behind her. She jogged up to the bus and greeted her bus driver and took a seat. She always liked sitting in the front since it was easier to get on or off. She hated being in the back because that's where the popular reckless kids sat. She had her side of recklessness but not like them, plus they were obnoxious. She usually kept to herself and was known as one of the quiet kids but she had a nice group of friends.

The bus ride was a quiet one as she sat by herself. She heard the other kids on the bus chatter loudly about whatever is going on in their day to day lives. She decided to put her headphones in and blast music as she looked out the window. The bus driver stopped at a couple more kids houses before they arrived at school. She stood up as soon as the bus driver pulled into the school and waited for the bus driver to open the door and she quickly got out and made her way inside, still blasting her music.

Danny exhaled a big sigh of relief as soon as Amelia left, it was like he holds his breath around her. He leaned against the kitchen counter. He was trying to be brave and strong for her but it was taking a toll on him. He wanted to have a break down but he didn't have time for that, he had a job interview he had to go to. He grabbed his wallet, resume, and keys and headed to the restaurant. He took a deep breath once he arrived trying to collect himself and hoped that he would get the job. The restaurant was on a busy road which means it definetly would be a busy.

It was Monday and the place was packed, would he be able to handle this? He had no choice. He was 10 minutes early but decided to go inside, earliness looks good. He made his way inside and looked around at the waiters and waitresses running around and the line of people waiting to be seated. "Hello! How many?" The hostess asked frantically.

"Um, I have an interview today at 8."

"Oh yes! I think Dana is going to interview you, wait right here and I'll her know you're here."

"Thank you." Danny offered a smile. He looked around at everyone who was working, trying to get a feel for them, they might be his co workers, but he was getting ahead of himself. There was a lot of older people here, he was probably the youngest one here, he noticed two other people that looked around his age and then some people that looked like they were in their late 20s, he wondered what their stories were, how long they have been working here, and so on. An older lady appeared around the corner.

"Daniel?" She asked. Danny nodded.

"Yes that's me, Its nice to meet you!" He stuck out his hand to shake it and she shook it. She had a firm grip. She looked like she was in her 50s. She had long curly black hair and had a birth mark right on her cheek. She was wearing some makeup but not much and was wearing a white polo shirt and black jeans.

"Lets go to this empty table" She led him through the restaurant and sat down at an empty booth.