beach

California, so idyllic. The vast beaches, a place where dreams just may come true, just a really pleasant and fun state to be in overall. For James it was totally the ocean. He always found comfort and stability in just being out there (until a sunburn, of course). Today was a break away from recording and of course he wanted to bring you with him to let loose.

Hair flows in the wind, he's singing his heart out to an Aerosmith cassette while you're just staring off into the distance. The water approaches and you're just in awe. You hadn't been anywhere near a beach in a while so this beautiful scenery had thrown you off.

"Pretty, isn't it?" James had turned down the music and you met his eye for a second. "Yeah. It's been a while, really. It's like seeing the ocean for the first time again.
He nodded then turned back to the road while trying to carry on the conversation. "It's like the same with me.

I really like being able to just hang out here, I've just been really attracted to the water for as long as I could remember. You'd think being a California boy, I'd be here everyday but nope.
When I'm not skateboarding, I'm drinking. When I'm not drinking I'm playing music. Or yanno, doing all at the same time."

"I kinda get it. Geez, Jamie, it's like I learn a lot more about you as the days go by. Things I didn't even think much about." You smiled, noticing he was starting to beam as well.

His hand brushed over yours until he realized where he was at. Both hands gave the steering wheel full attention as he pulled into the parking lot not that far from the beach.
You both got out, proceeding to walk. James continued to talk about his favorite hobbies and little quirks, making you laugh and even blush.
"I can't sleep unless there's a tv on or something. It drives me crazy otherwise."

He nearly turned red after admitting but figured you'd understand.
"Me too! It's just nice to have something distracting my brain from silence."

A few minutes later, you reached the destination.
James set down a towel and then put down the beers, radio, a cassette and took off his sunglasses.
You sat down, toes in the sand. Meanwhile, James went damn near headfirst into the water. He was like a dolphin or something, just loving every second of it.

You cracked open a beer and watched, laughing whenever his head popped up from underwater. The other people around were enjoying themselves just as much as you two.

"(Y/N), c'mon! Why don't you swim too?"
You shook your head, setting the beer bottle down.
"I'm good, James. I'd rather watch. He wasn't going to take no for an answer. "Don't be like that. C'mere!" He waved his hands, as if James didn't get your attention already.

"Nah! I'm perfectly fine, dude!" You raised a thumbs up then looked up at the sky to see a few seagulls descending onto the sand. Before you could even realized it, James was out of the water and walking towards you. He tried to grab your hand but you swatted it away.

"It's just water. Besides, I promise you'll like it once we're in." You rolled your eyes and gave in. "Fine." Pushing him out of the way, you marched towards the shore then stopped dead in your tracks.

Everything seemed to take a standstill as you noticed the light bouncing off the water, glistening like a crystal. You turned back to see James catching up, with that goofy grin plastered on his face.
"Well, what are you waiting for? Scared or something?"

He grabbed your wrist and brought you a few inches underwater. Your body tingled from adjusting to the somewhat cold temperature.
James laughed then went further out into the water. You just stood there, watching him play around until he splashed you.

"Really, James?" You wiped the water out of your eves then splashed him back. It felt like being two being little kids again. "Really, James?" You wiped the water out of your eyes then splashed him back. It felt like being two little kids again.

This continued until a wave came crashing, knocking you off your feet. For a second you couldn't see or hear much of anything but felt yourself being swept up. James had your arms wrapped around him and by instinct your legs clung to him for dear life.
He met your frightened look and blushed, kissing your forehead. "You're okay, I promise. Just hold onto me." Nodding, you clung tighter as James kept walking further away from shore.

As the seconds went by, comfort overcame your being. James made sure that you didn't slip from his embrace. As the shore got smaller in distance, the feelings swelling for James in your heart grew.
You raised your head, stared into his eyes and went in for a deep kiss. James was at first alarmed but quickly, his eyes shut and his grip on your ass got tighter.

Your fingers ran through his wet hair as he broke off the kiss to admire your face. He looked pretty pleased, making sure his hold on you was even more secure.

Without even looking away, he started to speak.
"Wanna go get something to eat or make out or somethin'?"

"Race ya to the car." A split second later, you sprung out of his arms, rushed to pick up whatever you could and made a run for the parking lot. James was right behind, just as eager to get this started.