Chapter 33

"I'll put up with him if he's around with you, but that's as far as I'll go." Harry tells me, I smile at him.

"It's a start, thank you." I say. "I do have one question. Was there something between you two?" I look to Uma then Hadie, they both look away. "Oh my god."

"There's a reason me and Hook hate each other." Hadie starts. "I broke his best friends heart, but in my defence. She broke mine first."

"I never!" Uma defends herself.

"You told your crew I was nothing more than a fling to help you gain more power on the Isle." She stays silent.

"You heard that and continued to see me?"

"What kind of VK would I be if I just broke it off like I was hurt? Better to cause more pain."

"I'm sorry." Uma sighs.

"Me too." I look at Harry confused, he shrugs.

"So... We all had screwed up love lives?" I joke, they all chuckle.

"At least you have yours back." Uma states. "And before you question, no. We wouldn't try again, we talked before I escaped the Isle."

"Uma! Uma, stop! Please, stop! I need your help. We have a chance. If we do this together." Mal says as she stands in front of us.

"Your friends kick you to the curb? Good." Uma tells her.

"Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it, too. You care. Uma, you care about everybody. And Auradon is worth saving. Help us, please."

"You talk pretty, but...she's already made up her mind." Harry tells her.

"Hallie, please. I know you can help." She now asks me.

"That's where you're wrong. I can't help, I'm not like you." I snap, I notice the ends of my hair begin to flame a little.

"You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it." Uma tells her. "Let's go." We walk away from Mal.

"I never knew you could do that with your hair." Harry says to me.

"It only happens when I'm angry." I tell him.

"I quite like it."

"So, Hades, he's your actual dad? How? I thought it was Beast and Belle." Uma asks me.

"They adopted me, I found out around the same time I came to the Isle."

"Well, you certainly have his hair, I just thought that you dyed it or something."

"I never knew my hair was this colour until I got angry when I saw Chad cheating. But even then it was only the tips that changed and then when I came to the Isle it all became blue. Turns out Fairy godmother had put a spell on my hair to be brown while I was here so nobody would know the truth." I tell her, I notice something flying so I look up and see Mal in her dragon form. "Oh shit." Harry, Hadie and Uma follow my gaze.

"Whoa! She doesn't stand a chance without the ember. Come on." We run closer to Mal, she begins to fall down near us but manages to stop her self-landing. "We're stronger together. We're stronger together! I'm right here, Mal! Regain your might and ignite. come on work!" Uma begins, but nothing. I take Uma's hand, maybe I can help. I don't know if I have magic but it's worth a shot.

"Regain your might and ignite!" I chant with her, the ember gains it's power back.

"Yes!" Me and Uma yell together in glee! Mal flies back up to Audrey, Audrey uses the sceptor while Mal uses the ember to counter the magic.