Side Story - (3)

Zhou Jinxu, once known as the unfavored seventh prince of Wisteria, had lived a life shrouded in secrecy and hidden power. In a world divided into three realms-the heavenly, human, and demon realms-where one's worth was determined by their level of cultivation, Zhou Jinxu concealed his true abilities, fearing the consequences if his extraordinary powers were exposed.
As a political hostage sent to the Kingdom of Qingshui, Zhou Jinxu endured a life where others perceived him as unfortunate, weak, and incapable of cultivation. Yet, unbeknownst to them, he had been honing his skills in the shadows, steadily reaching the illustrious ninth level of the divine peak. The weight of his concealed power burdened him, for he knew that should others discover his true potential, they would inevitably view him as a formidable threat.
However, fate took an unexpected turn when the king of Qingshui, treating Zhou Jinxu as his own son, shattered the chains of his captivity. Love graced Zhou Jinxu's life in the form of the king's fourth daughter, Zhang Ming Yue. Her beauty was unparalleled, her hair akin to shimmering rubies, and her eyes reminiscent of mesmerizing blue lotus petals.
Together, Zhou Jinxu and Zhang Ming Yue lived a blissful existence, their happiness seemingly boundless. But alas, tragedy loomed on the horizon. Sent on an expedition alongside the Grand Preceptor, Zhou Jinxu received news that would forever shatter his world. A revolt led by the Marquis and supported by the Prince Regent unfolded in their absence. In the chaos, Zhang Ming Yue, his beloved wife, fell victim to a cruel fate. Rumor had it that she endured a merciless onslaught of seven fatal stabs, each one extinguishing a part of their shared happiness.
The weight of grief crushed Zhou Jinxu's spirit, pushing him to the precipice of madness. Consumed by sorrow, a dark and sinister aura enveloped him, and he succumbed to the demonic forces that sought to exploit his despair. A thousand years passed, and Zhou Jinxu emerged as the epitome of demonic power, the indomitable Demon Lord. None could withstand his might, not even the gods themselves. With vengeance coursing through his veins, he swiftly annihilated those who had betrayed Qingshui, their lives retribution for the love he had lost.
In his unyielding quest to conquer the heavens, the Demon Lord's relentless assault was suddenly interrupted. An ethereal figure materialized before him, radiant with a golden aura, embodying the essence of the goddess of light. Her presence was both formidable and enigmatic, as she proposed an unexpected proposition to the once grief-stricken Zhou Jinxu.
"Young demon lord," she began, her tone laced with a hint of sarcasm. "Do you not yearn to reunite with Ming Yue? I offer you an opportunity to fulfill your heart's deepest desire, but in exchange, I require something in return."
Intrigued and captivated by the goddess's proposal, Zhou Jinxu sought clarification. "What is it that you desire?" he inquired, his voice tinged with curiosity and desperation.
The goddess met his gaze with an unwavering intensity. "I require your formidable army to retreat from the heavens and return to the demon realm," she stated firmly.
After a moment's contemplation, Zhou Jinxu accepted her terms, his determination overshadowing any reservations. "Very well," he conceded. "Tell me, what must I do to be reunited with her once more?"
A smile played upon the goddess's lips, her wand glimmering in her hand. "You and Ming Yue are destined to cross paths again," she declared. "However, it shall be in different vessels. You must be prepared to relinquish your current existence, for exactly five thousand years hence, she shall be reborn as the third daughter of Zhang Yong. Her appearance will mirror that of your beloved Ming Yue-her hair shall flow like shining rubies, her eyes as captivating as the petals of a blue lotus."

Zhang Min Yue's P.O.V.

As Zhang Min Yue's consciousness slowly faded away, she felt a surge of pain and despair wash over her. The world around her blurred, and the sounds of battle and chaos became distant echoes. Her body grew weaker with each passing moment, and the weight of her impending death bore down upon her.
Thoughts raced through her mind, and memories of her blissful life with Zhou Jinxu flooded her thoughts. Their love had been a beacon of light in a world filled with darkness, and now, it was cruelly extinguished. The thought of leaving Zhou Jinxu behind, of never seeing him again, brought tears to her eyes.

As her vision dimmed, she whispered a silent prayer, hoping that Zhou Jinxu would find solace and the strength to carry on without her. She yearned for him to know that her love for him would endure beyond death, that their souls would remain forever entwined.
And then, in the midst of her despair, a warm, golden light enveloped her. It was gentle and soothing, wrapping around her fading essence like a protective cocoon. Confusion mingled with hope as Zhang Min Yue's awareness flickered, drawn to the ethereal figure standing before her.
The goddess of light, radiant and powerful, extended a hand towards her. Zhang Min Yue's heart skipped a beat as she realized the goddess's intentions. The chance to be reunited with Zhou Jinxu, even in a different vessel, ignited a spark of hope within her. She knew she had to seize this opportunity, no matter the cost.
With a trembling voice, Zhang Min Yue mustered her remaining strength to speak. "I accept," she whispered, her voice barely audible. "I am willing to relinquish my current existence to be with Zhou Jinxu once more."
The goddess's smile widened, her eyes filled with an otherworldly wisdom. She touched Zhang Min Yue's forehead gently with her wand, and in that moment, the young woman felt a surge of energy coursing through her. The pain of her wounds faded away, replaced by a profound sense of transformation.
As her consciousness drifted away, Zhang Min Yue knew that she would be reborn in a new life, a vessel that mirrored her beloved Ming Yue. She embraced the unknown, knowing that in five thousand years, she would have the chance to find Zhou Jinxu again.
With her last ounce of strength, Zhang Min Yue whispered a final plea to the goddess, her words filled with unwavering determination. "Please, let us find each other again," she implored. "May our love withstand the test of time."
And as her spirit slipped away into the depths of the unknown, Zhang Min Yue held onto the hope that one day, she and Zhou Jinxu would be reunited, transcending the boundaries of life and death, and embracing a love that was destined to endure for all eternity.