Goddess of light

Zhou Keung's P.O.V.

It's been ten years since I had changed everything. But in this ten years many things happened. When I ascended to the throne my mother held a royal banquet. Guests from different kingdoms had came.

Just after the banquet my mother pleaded that she wants to confess something to me.
Some of her black hair were turning white. She was wearing a bright red dress with gold accessories. Her hair was tied into a ring bun and a golden mask according to the royal customs was worn by her.
She was looking pale. I asked "Greetings mother! What is the reason you called me here?".
She lowered her face and replied "Son there are so many things I need to tell you about. Here, take this. This is your memory fragment pendant". She handed me a strange looking emerald pendant with round beads.

As soon as I touched it several scenes flashed inside my head

As soon as I touched it several scenes flashed inside my head. In my previous life I was Zhou Jinxu , the unfavoured seventh prince of Wisteria. That time the world was divided into three realms. The heavenly realm ,human realm and *demon realm. The humans dignity were decided upon his level in cultivation.

I was sent as a hostage to the Kingdom of Qingshui . In the eyes of people I was an unfortunate, weak and incapable of cultivating.

But actually I used to cultivate in secret. I already had reached the ninth level of divine peak. I was afraid if someone gets to know about my powers they will see me as a threat.

The king of Qingshui never considered me as a hostage and loved me like his own son. He arranged my marriage with his fourth daughter Zhang Ming Yue. She had hair like shining rubies. Her eyes were as mesmerizing as blue lotus petals.

We were living a happy life. I was sent on an expedition with the Grand Preceptor. One day the Marquis followed by Prince Regent led a revolt. In that revolt Mingue was killed. I heard that she was stabbed seven times until she died. I was so much devastated by the news that I lost my mind. Some strange, dark aura surrounded me and I got demonized. A thousand years later I reached the peak of Divine stage. In no time I rose as the most powerful demon lord. No God could defeat me. I had already killed those traitors who attacked Qinshui. I begin to attack the heavens. But abruptly goddess of light appeared in front of my eyes.

She gave me an opportunity. An opportunity to let me meet Mingyue again in earth.
A golden aura surrounded her and she sarcastically said "Young demon lord, don't you want to meet Mingue? Let's make a deal. I will help you to get what you desire and you will give me what I need".
I asked "What do you want?".
She replied "I want your army to return back to demon realm".
I agreed. I said "Fine. Then tell me what I need to do to meet her again".
She said "You two are destined to meet each other again but with a different body". She raised her wand and said "You just need to kill yourself. Exactly five thousand years later she will be reborn as the third daughter of Zhang Yong. Her appearance will be just like previous Mingue. Hair like shining rubies.....".
I didn't paid attention to her for some moment and the lightning passed through my heart from her wand. It damaged most of my meridians and decreased my inner energy.
She said "This is your chance. Stab yourself now!".
I thought the goddess is playing some tricks with me. So I sealed all my powers and memories along with her possessions inside a memory fragment. It was a small green gem which was used to store items like spirit energy of other lowly demons, gods and humans who were defeated by me.
I ordered one of my subordinates "You will hand me this when I would be able to handle it's power". I remember that that subordinate was her.
She asked while smiling "So now you remember right". A dark, eerie aura surrounded her body and she transformed into her true form.
She was wearing translucent black clothes which hid her breast and private parts. Her legs, stomach and neck were still visible. Her hair was tied into a small bun with a red hair pin. Her collarbones had scales.
I remember it all. She said "Then all is left is to find your wife. Then you can return, right Your Highness?".
I replied "I know who she is. It will take time to absorb my powers again. Until then send someone who can replace her maid".
I couldn't believe that the woman for whom I sacrificed my whole life is right under my nose. Such a fool I was.
Indeed I felt a connection between us in my past life.
My subordinate said "Six years ago I noticed that the gem cracked. And after that day you requested me to not meet anyone after the dinner. I couldn't understand anything until that bastard Emperor tried to frame me along with Consort He. But how did you know that this will happen?".

I didn't wanted her to know that I have experienced it in my previous life. I lied "I got my powers back after the gem cracked. So I know it".
She exited the room and said "But Your Highness, it will take about more than four hundred years if you will try to gain your powers back with a human body so frail as this...".

I replied "What if I cultivate inside the *demonic star ocean?".

She murmured "Only if she knew what you have done for her she would..".
I stopped her "Enough..don't ever mention this to her again or you are screwed". I showed her my fist.
She didn't say anything again about this and only let a sigh of relief everytime she saw me.

I absorbed my spirit essence in those seven years. I used another three years to absorb my powers. I spent most of my days struggling to survive after every breakthrough from one stage to another. The pain was equal to get pierced by thorns every time inside the heart and have a feeling of explosion inside my head. Each time, getting inside deeper and stronger. The suffocation made me want to die. The blinding whiteness in my eyes made me feel dizzy. My legs would go weak and my heart would clench like something burning inside my heart.
When I celebrated my twenty third birthday with a grand banquet that night I broke through the peak of divine stage. I have already reached the stage where the Heveanly Emperor is standing right now. I used *red orchid bead to hide my powers.

And I raised every dog inside the palace well. Whatever comes inside is from my will. And whatever goes outside is also my will.

I also raised my sister well. She is sometimes stubborn but she never acts against my will. I have gathered most of my subordinates.

Once I avenge Mirai I will let her know what was our relationship in our past life. Once it's done I want to live peacefully here with her. This time I will not let anyone hurt her ever again.

To be continued.....

End of P.O.V.

Red orchid Bead
It is an artifact used to suppress one's power and show its owner as normal human.

Demonic star ocean
It is an artifact which forms a starry ocean where time flows differently. One day in human world is equal to fifty six days inside the ocean. It is an infinite space used for cultivation and to heal internal wounds.

Demon Realm
It is where supernatural entities reside. It's once sealed from the Human and Heavenly realm by the Heavenly emperor before awakening of Zhou Jinxu.
The sky in Demon World seems to be crimson, with dark clouds during daytime. Much of this world seems to be terrains, including untouched wastelands, forests, mountainous regions, deserts etc.
To get demonized one must have an equal amount of hatred to the demonic star ocean.