Assassination attempt or a sceme

As the afternoon sun reached its zenith, a procession of around two hundred guards heralded the arrival of the emperor. The sight left the brother dumbfounded, for it made a lasting impression on him, showcasing the might and power of the ruler. However, what surprised him even more was the unexpected occupant of the carriage.

Stepping out of the carriage was a young girl, her age ranging between ten to twelve years. Her face exhibited a round shape, and her skin held a yellowish hue reminiscent of the girls from the southern regions. The air around her carried the alluring scent of perfumes only found in the western lands. Despite her tender age, she possessed an imposing height, towering over most girls her age.

The influence of the western world was evident in her attire, which revealed her back and included a large golden mask, concealing one side of her face with its shimmering gold.

The brother, astonished by this unexpected turn of events, turned to his sister and uttered, "Do you want to reconsider your previous words?"

In response, the sister swiftly admitted, "I take back what I said. You are far more handsome than her."

Her brother, now grateful for the kind words, replied with a simple, "Thank you."

Meanwhile, the foreign princess, hailing from a distant land, noticed the sister's gaze and locked eyes with her. However, as she passed by, the sister observed a subtle change in the princess's demeanor. Her expression transformed, displaying a shy look while a gentle blush adorned her cheeks. It was clear to the sister that the princess's attention was no longer on her but had been captured by someone else entirely: a man named Xiao Zhan.

In an instant, it seemed that the princess had fallen for Xiao Zhan's looks. The air shifted as she walked closer to him, her composure intact but her emotions clearly visible. The captivating encounter between the princess and Xiao Zhan sparked curiosity among the onlookers, leaving them wondering about the potential blossoming romance between the two.

Just as this enchanting moment unfolded, another carriage arrived, coming to a halt with a flourish. Stepping out was a young and muscular man, his physical prowess apparent even after rigorous training in martial arts under the scorching sun. His features exuded undeniable charm, and although his occupation should have left him with a sun-kissed complexion, his skin held the same yellowish and pale hue as the girls from the southern regions.

Mirai stood there, her heart racing as she watched the young and muscular man step out of the carriage. Zhou Keung, she whispered under her breath, her voice barely audible. She couldn't believe her eyes; she hadn't expected him to be the guest arriving at the palace.

The king Zhang, greeted Zhou Keung with reverence and concern, acknowledging the arduous journey he must have endured. He suggested that the emperor rest before discussing any matters further. The emperor glanced at Mirai, who quickly averted her gaze, feeling a mix of curiosity and nervousness.

Agreeing with the king's suggestion, the emperor smiled and replied, "Yes, I am indeed tired. It would be wise for me to rest before proceeding." As the introductions continued, the king presented his eldest son, Zhang Lin, who bowed respectfully to the emperor. The emperor's gaze flickered once again towards Mirai, and the king followed his line of sight, introducing her as his third daughter, Zhang Mirai. Mirai gracefully bowed in greeting.

The emperor's attention then turned to his younger sister, Zhou Fang, and he acknowledged her presence, remarking that not many people were aware of her name but recognizing her immeasurable worth. Mirai glanced at Zhou Fang, realizing that she was the princess Zhou, a figure known to all.

"Many don't even know her name. My sister is so precious," the emperor remarked, his voice filled with a mixture of affection and protectiveness.

Amidst the introductions, the emperor noticed a man standing by the king's side and inquired about his identity. The man promptly knelt and bowed, introducing himself as Xiao Zhan. The king sensed a tension in the air, suspecting that something was amiss. To ensure the emperor's comfort, he decided that Xiao Zhan would accompany him to his quarters.

However, their journey was abruptly interrupted when a voice erupted in the hall, shrieking with urgency, "Assassins! Assassins! Protect the King!" In an instant, chaos engulfed the once serene atmosphere. Xiao Zhang swiftly turned back, positioning himself as a shield between the approaching danger and the king, ready to defend him at all costs.

As if emerging from the shadows, three mysterious figures clad in black robes materialized before them, their faces concealed beneath dark hoods. The third princess, startled by the sudden commotion, instinctively clutched her dress, her eyes wide with fear. Before she could make a move, one of the assailants swiftly advanced, threatening her with a deadly blade held perilously close to her abdomen.

Fear washed over her, her breath catching in her throat, but in a daring act of bravery,  Zhou Keung himself, sprang into action. With lightning speed, he lunged forward, pulling Mirai into the shelter of his protective embrace, shielding her from the blade's lethal trajectory.

As the chaos settled, Mirai looked at Zhou Keung with a mix of gratitude and concern. Blood stained the Emperor's attire, evidence of his sacrifice to protect her.