DEATH NIGHT RIDE

(My POV)
(September 1st 4:45 p.m.: what happened)

"Niko..." Mikey takes a minute to form words but says nothing.

"Mikey, please I need to know what happened that night." I remove my hands away from Mikey hold.

"....you should have known, but the team.... Eren didn't want you to worry.... We all decided it would have been best for you... And through all this time I thought Nick would have told you... I guess he knew better then anyone else not to cause problems." Mikey takes a moment from speaking then looks at his hands. "Tell me, what do you remember from that night?" Mikey looks back up at me, waiting for an answer, before he could continue with his.

A few minutes pass but all I can do is just look at Mikey, his face says it all....that I was missing something from that night..... Something important.

"....I remember us celebrating Hina's birthday... We went out drinking... And there was a party on the other side of town. Nick was driving, but something happened, we got into an argument and Nick...."

It's strange anytime I try to remember everything goes black.

"The next thing I know, I'm waking up in hospital. I saw Audrey crying on one of the hospital chairs... That's when I got the news about Hina... That she was dead." Tears continue to form in my eyes.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Niko, Eren asked me not to tell you, he told everyone not to say anything, he thought it would have been better to move on then to let everyone face the fact his cousin was dead... Honestly we thought it was better for him more than for anyone else, he had lost his family, and Sam his girlfriend." Mikey stopped to look at me seeing how my eyes were full of tears and about to break down.

"Sam had trouble moving on, but so did everyone else. A few days later Nick had made it worse when he started pointing fingers a few after you woke up."

"Mikey, please I need to know all of it." I look at Mikey hoping he could start at the beginning.

Everything was hazy. I couldn't remember what happened to cause the crash, or about the argument.

All I knew was that Nick and Eren had a fight in the car. I kept telling them to stop but everything went black after that.

"It started at Hina's birthday party."
------------------------------------------------------------------