Chapter 22 - I can't do this anymore (Epilogue)

I can't even believe what I just saw.

My adoptive mother was apart of some evil clan. Tears were filling my eyes, and then I just let them slide down my face. I'm literally involved in dangerous messed up plans that I don't even want Leo being involved in. I hug Leo tightly as we are in the dark alley as he hugs me back.

LEO'S POV

"I don't know what to do." She whispers as she's still crying. "My life is messed up. I am messed up." I don't even know how she could say that about herself.

"Hey." I nudge her chin up so that she can look at me. "Don't say that about yourself. Do you want to know what is messed up?" I am stroking her hair when she doesn't answer. "They are the ones who are messed up." She sniffs and looks back down so that I could not see her face.

"I don't want you getting involved in what I am going through." She manages to speak up. 

"What do you mean?" I ask as she lets go of me and faces me.

"I mean that I don't want you getting involved in my depression and whatever they are going to do to me."

Is this what she is talking about? She doesn't want me to get involved in anything?

"Y/n stop saying that." I said. My voice irritated now. Her face kind of gives me a surprised look and she stays silent. "I'm sorry but me and my brothers have been involved in way worse things than this." I said walking to her to reach for her hand but she avoids mine. "I told you that we can handle this together." She just shakes her head.

"Not this. They want me for some reason." Tears weld up in her eyes as she spoke the next thing that I was going to hear. "I can't do this anymore Leo."

What?

My voice becomes shaky as I say, "No don't say that." I reach out for her hand and this time her hand comes into mine.

"I am a danger magnet Leo. I need to somehow be away from people. Even you." I can't believe that she's saying this!

"Y/n. Don't go please." I say as I am holding her hand in my grasp firmly. "I love you more than anything else in the world."

"I know." She says as tears slid down her face. "But we need to be apart. It's not you. It's me."

The fact that she thinks we need to be apart is ridiculous! I know that she doesn't want to be apart.

"Goodbye Leonardo." She says. 

It starts to rain as she runs towards the sidewalks and I start to run after her. "Y/n!" I yell to her but she doesn't stop and respond.

Y/N POV

I run. Faster than I have ever ran before. I keep running until I am far enough from Leo. I stop by another dark alleyway and sit down and lean next to a building and look up into the rainy sky and exhaled.

One last thought I have thought of before crying myself to sleep was,

                       I am sorry and I love you Leo.'