15 - Moving Day...Moving on

It had been a few days since we got the news about what happened. Eudoria and Beatrice came and helped get me back to the cottage while Enola helped Sherlock get packed up at the apartment, they were unpacking some things. I was lying in bed as I heard people moving about the house.

"Where do you want the chest Sherlock?" Tewkesbury asked and he sighed.

"I don't know, the guest room..." He trailed off and I sighed. I knew where I wanted everything and this lying in bed wasn't doing anyone any good. I got out of bed and sighed walking out to the main room.

"Portia..." Enola said seeing me first and I gave a small smile.

"My love, you should be in bed...the doctor said..."

"Sherlock, I have been in bed for 2 days. I need to get up. I know the doctor said I needed to take it easy but right now I just can't sit in the room anymore and not do anything and have everyone wait on me." I said and Sherlock sighed and looked at everyone. I followed his eyes, and no one was making eye contact with me. "So, you all think I should be in bed? I'm not an invalid! I lost a baby!" I said upset and rushed out of the house.

I didn't know where I was going so, I went to the barn and smiled seeing the horses.

"You guys' won't treat me any different." I said walking to my horse and petting down his nose.

"We don't mean to treat you differently." Sherlock said coming into the barn leaning on the stale next to where I was standing. I didn't even make eye contact with him and just kept petting the horse.

"You are though. I know what the doctor said, and I know moving here is going to help but I also want to start a fresh life here and not have to worry about anything else. We can try again." I said and Sherlock nodded and walked up to me removing my hand from the horse and turning me to look at him.

"Of course, we can Portia, I just want you to grieve this loss." Sherlock said.

"I don't know how to grieve it Sherlock. I didn't even know I was pregnant." I said and Sherlock sighed.

"It's okay Portia." Sherlock said resting his forehead against mine. I closed my eyes and sighed.

"This doesn't turn you off to having a family with me, right?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, we're going to have a family and be the best parents. Maybe more you than me but I will try." Sherlock said and I pulled my forehead off of his and took my freehand and placed it on his cheek.

"You will be an amazing father." I said and he gave a small smile with a shrug.

"I don't have much to go off of. I mean my own father passed away and I don't really associate myself with fathers." Sherlock said and I just shook my head.

"You will be amazing. You forget I have seen you with MJ. You are amazing with him." I said and Sherlock smiled. He then looked at me.

"I never asked you, what happened to your father?" Sherlock asked and I sighed.

"He passed away when I was 10. He got a fever, and the doctor could never figure out the cause and he was gone within a week." I said and Sherlock sighed.

"I'm sorry Portia." Sherlock said and I shook my head.

"I barely remember him. Mom made my life amazing." I said and Sherlock nodded. He looked back towards the house when he heard a crash.

"We better get back in there." Sherlock said and I sighed.

"Can you give me some more time out here...alone?" I asked and he nodded.

"Of course, my love. Come in when you're ready." Sherlock said. He went to walk away and I grabbed his arm and pulled him back to me. He smiled at me and leaned down giving me a passionate kiss.

"I love you." I said and Sherlock smiled.

"I love you." Sherlock said and walked out of the barn. I went back to looked at the horse. I then looked at the saddle on the stand beside the stale. I looked and saw something sticking out from the saddle bag. I pulled it out and saw a picture of my mom holding me as a baby. I turned the picture over and saw a note.

-Portia,

You were adorable as a baby...too bad you will never experience holding a child of your own since it doesn't seem like you can carry a child. Maybe I did ruin all your chances.

But Sherlock, bet he'll be so pleased to know he'll never have to be responsible of any brat of yours. Still think he is done chasing me?

Guess we just have to wait and see...

Irene-

I just held this in my hand and started shaking. She was here, when was she here. When did she put this in my horse's saddle bag. I felt my knees give out and I fell to the ground and just sat there staring at this note.

"Portia?" I heard someone finally break through my thoughts and I looked up to see Eudoria standing over me.

"It's Irene..." I said and she looked at me panicked. She helped me stand up. We walked into the house, Sherlock saw Eudoria helping me in. He took over and helped me to the couch.

"What happened?" Sherlock asked and I held the picture up. He took it from my hands and Beatrice came over and gasped.

"That picture was up on the mantel in the apartment." Beatrice said and I snapped my head to look at her.

"It was in the apartment?!" I asked and she nodded. I looked at Sherlock with tears in my eyes.

"Beatrice, I would like it if you could move into the estate with everyone for the time being. She has been in the apartment, and I would like you safe." Sherlock said and Eudoria was comforting Beatrice who seemed shaken up.

"I don't want to impose..." Beatrice said and Eudoria shook her head.

"You won't be. We will get her packed tonight." Eudoria said and Sherlock nodded. Sherlock then looked back at the note.

"Sherlock..." I said and he sighed. He was reading the note and I saw his face getting red. I feared the worst.

"I will hold this until Watson gets into town and we will look into it." Sherlock said.

"We?" I asked and he crouched in front of me.

"I said you could be a part of this, and I meant it. Together until the end?" Sherlock asked and I nodded leaning in giving him a small kiss.

"The end." I repeated.