12 - Together

After Eudoria visited with everyone Sherlock and I headed back to the cottage, it was late and dark, but we knew the way back.

"So, who was the letter from?" Sherlock asked on our ride back. I looked at him from my horse.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"When we got to the house. I saw you reading a note from the table and then tucked it in the top of your dress." Sherlock said and I just shook my head.

"It was nothing." I said and looked away from him and back to the path.

"Portia, we need to have complete honesty in this Irene situation." Sherlock said and I shook my head as we reached the cottage stables, we dismounted our horses and got them set up.

"Honest about it Sherlock? Why? So you can leave again?" I asked and Sherlock walked up to me and took my hands.

"I'm not leaving again Portia, I told you I'm going to get help for this. I already have Watson looking on some other leads. He will be back in town soon with what he has found. If there's more coming, I need to know." Sherlock said and I shook my head.

"Sherlock, trust me, it's nothing." I said and he leaned down giving me a small kiss. He sighed but let it go.

"Why don't you go inside and get a fire started and then we can cuddle up by it and find a way to keep ourselves busy..." Sherlock said, and I smiled.

"I like that idea." I said and he gave me a small kiss and I headed into the house as he started taking the saddles off the horses. I walked into the cottage cautiously making sure it was clear, from what I could see and when it seemed safe, I walked over to the fireplace and started placing logs in. I then grabbed the letter from my dress and sighed.

"You won't be harming us again." I whispered to myself as I lit a match and set the note on fire throwing it in the fireplace as well as putting the match on other pieces of paper to get a fire started. Once the fire was started, I looked out the window and saw Sherlock walking to the house and I smiled. I then saw something else...someone down the road, a shadow figure. It wasn't moving or anything but watching. I rushed to the door to open it to warn Sherlock but by the time I got outside the shadow was gone. Sherlock was looking at me oddly.

"Portia?" Sherlock asked and I shook my head.

"I thought I saw something." I said and Sherlock looked around and we didn't see anything.

"Let's get inside." Sherlock said and I smiled as we walked inside, and he set up some pillows and blankets on the floor by the fire as I made us some tea. Once the water was done, I poured us both a cup, I put a little bit of whiskey in Sherlocks knowing that's how he liked it. I walked over to the fire, and he was sitting on the floor. I handed him the tea's so I could sit down but he reached back and out them on the small table behind him. He opened his arm, and I smiled as I sat between his legs and leaned back into his chest as he wrapped his arms around me, and I rested me head on his shoulder.

"I love you." Sherlock whispered in my ear and I smiled.

"I kind of love you too." I said causing us both to laugh.

"You know I will always come back, even if I go after Irene, I will always come back." Sherlock said and I sighed.

"You can't prove that Sherlock. I mean she shot me trying to kill me. I was thankful you were there but what if she shoots you and no one is around? I can't take that chance Sherlock and I can't believe you would either." I said and he sighed.

"Well like I said I have other people looking into her now, not just me but there might be a chance I have to go sometimes." Sherlock said. I turned my head upward to look at him.

"So let me go with you. Let me search for her too. I mean she is coming after me now more than you or anyone else. I'm her new toy Sherlock. Let's do this together. Take down the nightmare together." I said and Sherlock looked away from me into the fire. He watched the flames dance around and then sighed.

"I think you have a point. I just don't want anything to happen to you." Sherlock said and I sighed. I got up, pushed his legs down and got in his lap to straddle him.

"And I don't want anything to happen to you. If we have each other..." I trailed off as he placed his hands on the sides of my thighs and my hands rested on his shoulders.

"We will be stronger and smarter together." Sherlock said finishing my sentence.

"Exactly." I said and he nodded. I leaned down and kissed Sherlock. His hands trailed up my back and started unlacing my dress as our kiss got deeper as I started to unbutton his shirts. Clothes were shed quickly all over the floor. Sherlock and I both exposed to each other as my body was pressed against his, his hands on my bareback as I slid down on his exposed shaft. I threw my head back slowly at the feeling as Sherlock growled deep in his chest.

Sherlock brought me back to him, his lips attached gently to my neck as I slowly started to move on him, movements causing moans from both of us. This was different for Sherlock and I. I didn't know if he felt it, but this was a deep connection either of us had had before, this was more than making love, this was making a life together, finally coming to a common ground of life. Sherlocks hands went from my back to my sides as he started helped me move the full length of his shaft and give us both the most pleasure we could feel. I started moving on Sherlock faster as I bore down on him. I moved my hands from his shoulders and ran them through his curls, the curls that always were unruly and I loved. The curls I always hoped our future children will have. I gripped and Sherlock growled as I tightened around him and the coil inside of me was screaming for release.

I leaned down and kissed Sherlock passionately as everything inside of me burst and I broke the kiss to cry out his name in release as my old body shook in pleasure and release. Sherlock was right behind me. I trembled as he released, feeling him fill me. Once he was released, I collapsed on his as my head rested on his shoulder, and he wrapped his arms around me. I kept trembling, he reached and grabbed a blanket from the couch wrapping us both in it. I moved my head from his shoulder and looked at Sherlock.

We didn't say anything, we just looked at each other. I moved off of his lap and we went back to the way we were sitting beforehand only his grip on me tightened and I welcomed the confinement. The confinement that soon would bring the most welcome sleep.