Chapter 37

Wan Tong tricked Hu Tiankan into giving her the address where Gu Chenyue was boxing, but when she arrived there, she found that she couldn’t get in.

The boxing arena was members-only, and as a small schoolgirl still wearing her uniform, she couldn’t possibly gain entry.

With no other options, she could only wait outside.

Tonight, Gu Chenyue fought in three matches and won them all, thanks to his superior skills and high odds. He made quite a bit of money over the course of the evening, but he was still far from paying off his debts to the night club.

Although he took quite a few punches, his face wasn’t too badly injured, with only a reddened area around his brow bone.

He splashed his face with some water and touched the spot around his brow bone. He couldn’t afford to damage this face.

The silly girl seemed to really like his face. She always stared at it when he wasn’t paying attention, and he had caught her several times.

When he picked up his phone again, he saw a screen full of messages from Hu Tiankan.

“Yueyue! Little rabbit is looking for you! Have you seen her?!”

Gu Chenyue was taken aback and quickly rushed out of the resting room with an unusual sense of urgency in his footsteps.

It was after nine o’clock, and there weren’t many people at the entrance. Gu Chenyue looked around and finally saw a figure sitting upright on the opposite side of the flower bed.

Wan Tong was sitting with her back straight, holding a vocabulary book in her hands. Her head was lowered, and she was murmuring words to herself with great concentration.

However, there seemed to be mosquitoes around, and she occasionally scratched her fair little legs or stomped her feet, looking a little pitiful.

But this small figure seemed to instantly fill the emptiness in his heart.

Wan Tong felt a gaze on her and looked up to see Gu Chenyue’s figure.

She quickly stood up and ran towards him, a hint of excitement in her voice after waiting for so long. “You’re here!”

Gu Chenyue stood on the steps, looking down at her with his black eyes fixed on her delicate little face. He didn’t rush to scold her, but simply threw out two words, “Let’s go.”

“Where are we going?” Wan Tong put her book into her backpack and followed his footsteps.

Gu Chenyue took her to buy ointment.

After they left the pharmacy, Gu Chenyue grabbed her and took out the ointment. “Stand still.”

Wan Tong was puzzled but obediently stood still.

Then Gu Chenyue crouched down and used his rough finger to apply the golden ointment onto the red spot on her small leg.

The spot, which had been so itchy just a moment ago, immediately became cool after the ointment was applied, and it relieved her urge to scratch it.

Looking at his figure squatting in front of her, Wan Tong felt a little embarrassed, especially when people passing by looked over, she felt even more blush. She whispered, “It’s okay, you don’t have to put it on…”

Gu Chenyue grabbed her ankle to prevent her from moving, “It will be okay soon.”

Wan Tong: “…”

After applying the ointment, Gu Chenyue planned to take Wan Tong for a late-night snack, but he received a call from the hospital, and his expression changed dramatically. He flagged down a car on the side of the road.