Chapter 36, Goodbye

"No!" Gally yelled.

There was gasps. He had cuts all over his face.

"Gally," Thomas said taking a step towards him.

Teresa put a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't, he's been stung." She said.

"You guys can't leave. This is our home." Gally said.

He was holding a gun.

"Gally. Please, we have to get out of here. We are gonna die if we don't." Thomas said.

"Not on my watch," Gally said.

He then shot the gun, Minho threw a spear into Gallys chest. Gally slowly took his last breaths and collapsed to the ground.

"Is anyone shot?" Thomas asked.

Everyone shook their head. Except for one.

"Thomas... y/n...." Chuck said weakly.

We looked at him, there was blood spilling from his upper body.

I let out a cry,

"CHUCK! NONONO!" I yelled.

He grabbed onto me and Thomas's arms and collapsed.

"Chuck? No buddy stay with me." Thomas said.

"Please my our parents, tell them we love them." Chuck said very weakly.

"No Chuck, you're gonna tell 'em yourself buddy come on!" Thomas said, now crying.

"I'm sorry." Chuck said.

Those were his last words.

Thomas's eyes widened as well as mine.

I shook him.

"Chuck! CHUCK! NO WAKE UP! PLEASE CHUCK WAKE UP! COME ON! WE HAVE TO FIND OUR PARENTS TOGETHER COME ON! PLEASE!" I yelled.

"GOD DAMMIT!" Thomas yelled in tears.

Newt and Minho tried to get me up, I was still reaching for Chuck.

"No! We can't leave him! WE CANT-" I began to cry uncontrollably.

Newt grabbed me and hugged me tightly. Tears were spilling out of his eyes as well.

"He's gone, love. He's gone." He kissed my forehead and still held me.

I cried into his shoulder. Suddenly the exit door opened. It was bright outside and a bunch of men dressed in all black attire with guns ran in. They got us out of the control room and out of the exit door.

It was hot and everything was sand. Like a desert. They took us to helicopter and they put us inside. We all sat there, exchanging looks, confused about what had just happened.

Newt pulled me close to him and I leaned my head onto his shoulder. He kissed the side of my forehead, tears were still rolling down my face.

"It's okay," one of the men said, "you're safe now."

The End